Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dgdracing

by dgdracing

Just a quick shoutout to the great support. Got back 2 new Berk List saddles in only 1 week time :)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks, giving our best :)

We just came back from Eurobike, it was the first time and really a very nice experience. Thanks to all those who stopped by, it was really great to see some faces with who we work already for years, much appreciated, hope we'll meet there again next year.

We were a part of the Slovenian project, it was the very first time our country/goverment decided to contact bicycle related companies. Some of us decided to be a part of it, we were between Noordung (a bike company for which we also produced frames in the past) and Sinter (brake pads manufacturer from Slovenia. For all those who didn't managed to stop there here are a few photos.

We presented the new Sito shoes which will be officially available for pre-order next month, more details to come soon. You can see the shoes next to me, but we'll keep it like that for now and more details and better photos to follow :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Berk wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:48 pm
Thanks, giving our best :)

We just came back from Eurobike, it was the first time and really a very nice experience. Thanks to all those who stopped by, it was really great to see some faces with who we work already for years, much appreciated, hope we'll meet there again next year.

We were a part of the Slovenian project, it was the very first time our country/goverment decided to contact bicycle related companies. Some of us decided to be a part of it, we were between Noordung (a bike company for which we also produced frames in the past) and Sinter (brake pads manufacturer from Slovenia. For all those who didn't managed to stop there here are a few photos.

We presented the new Sito shoes which will be officially available for pre-order next month, more details to come soon. You can see the shoes next to me, but we'll keep it like that for now and more details and better photos to follow :mrgreen:

Hi Jure, I've dropped you an email about the catastrophic failure I had on the saddle/seatpost combo you made me. I look forward to hearing back from you shortly 🙏
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
sorry for the trouble, saw the damage on the seatpost tube, we'll take care I just answered a few minutes ago. Some delays with the emails and working to catch up, thanks

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Berk wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:33 pm
Hi,
sorry for the trouble, saw the damage on the seatpost tube, we'll take care I just answered a few minutes ago. Some delays with the emails and working to catch up, thanks
Thanks Jure, I have responded 🙏
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

kroem

by kroem

Two new saddles into the family <3

Wanted something most sturdy for bikepacking and gravel, so custom made with Ti-rails. Great experience working with Berk, as always. Love these, even thou HEAVY! ;)

Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Doyler

by Doyler

Unfortunately I had a failure on my Lupina last night :-(
It's from 2015 so out of warranty.
Has this happened to others?
20230829_174357.jpg
20230829_174349.jpg
20230829_173136.jpg
20230829_173130.jpg

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Appears to be an old round rail. To answer your question I had two round railed saddler break. Now on the ovals and no issues so far.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
sorry for the trouble, we don't produce round rails already since 2018 and they were only for max 85kg riders.
Please drop us an email info(a)berk-composites.com and we'll try to help you there. Just let us know if it was ever crashed (send some photos of the complete saddle) was it clamped 8 years to the same position? Anyway, please drop us an email and it will be answered as soon as possible, thanks!

Doyler

by Doyler

Much obliged, Jure. I will drop you an email.

Doyler

by Doyler

I've been advised that a new Berk saddle is on the way to me. Thank you so very much to all at Berk Composites.
Top quality support. I could not ask for better. :thumbup:

stevec1975

by stevec1975

I have a saddle I damaged in a crash, which has separated the chassis from the rails, (my fault obviously) does anyone know if Berk does a discounted crash replacement policy?

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Read berks post like 3 above,

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Yeah, which doesn't answer the question, (I just wondered if there is a standard policy (i.e. 40% off RRP), but looks like a case by case basis)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com