Hi Folks!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JZP

by JZP

I'm a beginner road cyclist; I bought my bike only a year ago and started "real" riding in March this year. I settled on a Canyon, mostly because of its value, and partly because it's a relatively unknown brand in Canada, at least to those who don't follow pro cycling.

As the bike sat during the winter months, I scratched my itch to upgrade its components. Minimal weight wasn't a priority, yet modest upgrades brought my Endurace CF 8 (size S) to a "UCI weight" of 7.85 kg, and that's with approx. 70 g of frame protection wrap. This drops to 7.82 kg w/ the KMC chain. I admit that 7.50 kg was always at the back of my mind; but I doubt that'll ever happen :(

I'm surprised I hit this, as this "entry level" carbon bike is 8.38 kg out of the box (Canyon claimed). To nobody's surprise, the wheel + tire + inner tube changes netted the greatest weight loss: - 650 g.

I'm not sure if I'm an official Weight Weenie yet, but I think I'm getting there, so I took my chances and joined the club anyway. After all, I've already created a post to discuss the feasibility of a Frankenstein Shimano 11-34 cassette (to knock off 50 g), and should HUNT or FFWD have sales over this winter, I'll sell my current wheelset to finance another just to knock off 100 g - 150 g 8)

What weights have you folks achieved, while not necessarily focusing on weight loss? Oh wait...everyone here focuses on weight loss, right? :D
Attachments
Bike.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Welcome and good photo etiquette

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

chris14

by chris14

Hi and welcome to the forum
Great looking beast. Love the subtle handbar tape touch.
Keep your updates coming!