Hello , newbie here

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

GikoGomez

by GikoGomez

Hello I'm Carlo from Venice, italy, and this is my bike, weight 7.05kg with pedals, garmin sensors and attacks, and cages.
bici.jpg
It is a Focus Izalco MAX Ultegra 5.0 (2015)

chain DA 11v......................................................243g
seatpost cyrano R3...............................................215g
seat Fi:zic airone r3..............................................200g
stem Fizik Cyrano R3.............................................140g

cassette ultegra cs-R6800 11-25...............................232g
wheels Vision 30 TRIMAX with schwalbe pro one............1540+500
groupset ultegra
handlebar Fizik Cyrano R3.......................................245g
brakes rim ultegra................................................360g
Crank FSA SL-K.....................................................619g
rear deralleur ultegra 6800......................................200g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StanK

by StanK

GikoGomez wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:56 am
... i am researching the way for lighten it. Surely, buiyng Spada wheels and with apropriate clincher and tubes i can leave 700g. Nowadays my bike wears wheels Vision Trimax 30, with Schwalbe pro one clincher.

But then? I found the seat post and saddle as "heavy", maybe the handlebar but i am not able to replace brakes levels and cables then i accept advices... my target is under 6 kg. ...
I’m "playing moderator" a bit here, because you should copied some of those things, otherwise very few will be very interested in pic and just few parts mentioned.

For start (as it's late), just look at my signature (link). My bike is excatly what you want, in terms of weight. You can get some good ideas there. Quality parts also, just lighter.

Nice bike btw. A lovely classic style frame.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

It's a nice bike. I don't think it's heavy!
I'd make the target weight 6.8kg.
Anything in the 5.x kg range is very light (and expensive).

I'd wait until the chain hits more than a thousand kilometres, go to a lighter one.
Get lighter bar tape when that wears out.
That's also when I'd change the bar and stem, especially if you're fine-tuning the ergonomics/comfort.
I don't think the saddle and seatpost are "heavy". Sure there is always lighter stuff out there.
It's a solid reliable bike build, lighter than mine. :mrgreen:

Cut the fork, lose the expander and top cap. :thumbup: |
Pedals. What pedals have you got?

Do you find the saddle comfortable? (the arione shape did not work for me personally)

By the way your right bar end plug seems to be coming loose.
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

GikoGomez

by GikoGomez

Hello
the frame is one of most light in the world, 720g if i dont remember bad, and the fork is 320. I wont cut the fork.
That's why its weight only 7kg even if wears ultegra.
I can work in wheels, saddle, seatpost and i will lose at least 8-900g.
I bought exustar pedals, 170grs both, and still one of the more light pedals with large base

StanK

by StanK

GikoGomez wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:13 am
Hello
the frame is one of most light in the world, 720g if i dont remember bad, and the fork is 320. I wont cut the fork.
I bought exustar pedals, 170grs both, and still one of the more light pedals with large base
You mentioned Spada wheels and lose 700 grams with them. Maybe if you go with carbon tubular model (and I didn't get impresion you wanna do that), other way no chance.

For losing 700 grams, you will have to change aprox. 75% of your bike. On mine, only the frame, headset and bottom bracket remained original. And I had similar starting point.

GikoGomez

by GikoGomez

StanK wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:37 am
GikoGomez wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:13 am
Hello
You mentioned Spada wheels and lose 700 grams with them. Maybe if you go with carbon tubular model (and I didn't get impresion you wanna do that), other way no chance.

For losing 700 grams, you will have to change aprox. 75% of your bike. On mine, only the frame, headset and bottom bracket remained original. And I had similar starting point.
No, i have wheels of 1540gr without cassette and clincher. Buying spada, i gain approx 400-450gr. But i'm also using heavy chincher and tube, and i can save 200g totally buying better items. Finally, buying cassette dura ace instead of ultegra, i gain other 60gr. no need tubulars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StanK

by StanK

Lightest Spada alloy wheels (Oxygens) are 1180 grams. Their web page says that.
In reality, you can always count of bit more instead (I have Spada Stiletto, and they are 24 grams north of stated weight) unless you personally knows mr. Spada and you can ask him to weight "every spoke and nipple" to get little below 1180 grams.

All in all, I think, you will drop approx. 350 grams there.
You can save with tyres+tubes 200 grams, but this is a bit tricky. You know, weight vs. reasonable puncture protection, stuff like that. Especially if you are on 25c. And with Dura-Ace cassette that would be around 600 grams less.

It may not sound like much, but to drop another 100 grams, you’ll need to change a few more parts. Or one big one, like a brakes, for example, for something almost exotic.

All in all, I’m looking forward to seeing progress (I really do), especially since it would be quite similar to mine. And you have the advantage of approx. 200g. lighter frame. It should be cheaper, if nothing else :mrgreen: