Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I’m guessing this bike won’t be getting a dropper, tire noodles/inserts or custom fork damper tuning.

I love a light bike, don’t get me wrong, but other than efforts to improve its performance on a gram scale, what are you going to do to make it faster around a given loop?

Most of the stuff I get, and would buy myself; Berd spokes, Trickstuff brakes, etc. I’ve seen those used by fast people on nasty terrain. The fake damper would get a hard, hard pass from me, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@LeDuke - 100% I am chasing a weight to reach a certain goal. Would a Cat 1 XC Racer find 80% of the parts used on this bike acceptable in terms of performance and reliability? Absolutely not. I'm just having some fun looking for parts, getting advice from super knowledgeable Weightweenies, and attempting to come close to the greatness of Moyo, Gullholm, Kia Greene, and of course Poynt. Many people hate on me for my sometimes extreme approach to weight savings but isn't that the whole point of this forum? I got a kick out of the negative hate comments on me on reddit a couple years ago when I did my wife's Cannondale Evo build. Check it out it is some funny shit :mrgreen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BicyclingCircl ... _his_wife/

So when asked the question:

Is Godzuki26 a Weightweenie? The answer is:

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I guess we all have our own takes on WWism. For me, it means making changes to my bike that will positively impact my riding experience.

And, again, most of the stuff you do is great. I like finding out about new products or ideas for making my own. I have some EggBeaters that need new springs, for example, and making my own sounds interesting and worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@LeDuke - I totally get what you are saying. It's just that I am friends with Weightweenies like Poynt that make me want to copy them. Again, not for some people but one must appreciate the meticulous detail to get to an insane weight like Poynt's bike below:

ImageFelt AR FRD

Vermu

by Vermu

Fck Reddit tbh. @Godzuki, your builds are inspirational, and this will be epic.
The search for low weight even with the expense of functionality. Love it, loved the previous builds and the ones that come after this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Vermu - Thanks for the love brother!

ImageFelt AR FRD

Mep

by Mep

godzuki26 wrote:@Mep - what should I put on the seat tube? Maybe an “SL” or “RC” ? The factory “RC” is toward the upper part of the seat tube and I think it would be too close to my tiny “Scott” decal located on the top tube. So maybe a little lower towards the bottom of the seat tube? I’ll wait until I get the e*Thirteen crankset to see how far the chainring sticks out before painting another decal.
Ah by seat tube what I really meant was chain stays and seat tube. I'd do one or the other, probably not both. There's quite a lot of canvas there for a splash of color, something like SL or RC would be perfect in my opinion. Small but enough to pop out. Looking forward to see what you come up with!

BmanX

by BmanX

At the end of the day WW is a condition that few understand. Why do I need a light and aero bike, why do you need a light steel bike or a light MTB. Because I want them. lol.

I do not understand why people would spend $100K on a car when I can tune my $30k car to go just as fast at a fraction of the cost and handle just as well. To each their own. I love the $100k car and they are amazing but not for me.

Nothing that my family owns that has wheels is not tuned. Cars, bikes, scooters, RC's and hotwheels.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

poynt

by poynt

Anyone can go out and buy the lightest and usually the most expensive parts and make a very light bike. But some like you said, love to tinker and don't have the budget for say 1000€ rims and so will happily try some 160€ Chinese ones.
Whether your making parts from scratch or just moding parts or finding alternatives to the expensive stuff is all part of the fun and is usually a process that never really ends. Everyone has a different reason and end goal for doing all this. Some things work some don't !!! so we try again.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

RISK neochrome titanium bolts that I have been using on some of my bikes. These titanium bolts are great because they are hollow. I have some M5 hollow bolts that I want to use on areas like the stem. The M6 hollow bolts will be used to mount the brake calipers to the frame. The derailleur pulley bolts are also hollow. Risk labels these hollow bolts as "SL" bolts. Unfortunately, they do not make hollow bolts for the disk rotors. They sell these in silver, rainbow, black, and gold. I love the steel packaging on their products.

ImageFelt AR FRD

jroy

by jroy

Although not the same brand, there are hollow Ti rotor bolts available from the ebay seller Klaster used here:
Klaster_1 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:29 pm
I was curious about these hollow T20 J&L Ti stem bolts, so I ordered some. That's almost 6g less than my current set of black anodized Ti bolts.
Forum location: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141633&start=45

Here is a direct link to the bolts: https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-L-Super-Tita ... CKmMt83D1g

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@jRoy - Thanks for the info :thumbup: I actually ordered those J&L hollow bolts about a month ago and they are still sitting in customs. I just wish they came in the neochrome rainbow color. I was actually thinking about painting the Scrub rotors Neochrome if I use standard silver bolts.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Some pics of the Darimo stem. What do you guys think?

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:02 am
Some pics of the Darimo stem. What do you guys think?
To be honest, I expected some non-ordinary solutions, like Dyneema loops on T1. I hope at least the weight will be on par with GC stem. The stack height looks tall, unless it's the other way around with lower "stem tube" height. And it's -6 degrees only, unless plans have changed or other geometry features compensate for that. I got a -12 Hyperstem because I couldn't wait longer and wanted to try level top tube / stem, which I liked, so not sure if I'd order a Darimo stem soon. It also begs for a Extralite-style out front mount. I've mailed Damia with questions, let's see what they have to tell, last time I did that was too early to disclose.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Teaser weight pic but for what length? UD or 3K? -6 or -12?Looks promising either way.

ImageFelt AR FRD