Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dshiels

by dshiels

I decided to keep the S-Works as a Sunday best so was on the lookout for a race/training bike having fallen out of love with my Cannondale SS Evo HM. The Canyon was on my shortlist and I came across a new frameset on ebay before Christmas.

Built it up with a Dura Ace 9100 and a set of 60mm carbon clinchers for racing and Campag Bora One 35mm for day to day duties or hillier races. It is currently around 7.0kg with the the Bora's.

Need to get the fit sorted after the winter hibernation and only had a quick 30 miles blast, but was very happy with it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cveks

by cveks

great looking bike.

Comfort of this frameset comparing to other?

dshiels

by dshiels

cveks wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:40 pm
great looking bike.

Comfort of this frameset comparing to other?
Thanks. Only had a quick 30 mile cycle so far, but early impressions are that it isn't as comfortable as the SL6 S-Works but a lot more comfortable and compliant than the Cannondale SS Evo HM

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Love seeing a Canyon that isn't matt black. Not a fan of the handlebar tape though. Otherwise it's a great looking bike.
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

Renne

by Renne

I like that silver color, looks great...but I have to agree with Greenduck on the handlebar though :/

dshiels

by dshiels

Wasn't sure about the tape either, but wanted to introduce a bit of colour. If it doesn't grow on me, it will be an easy enough change

Vermu

by Vermu

Nice looking bike. Btw did you scale those components individualy? Bartape would’ve been hit with red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dshiels

by dshiels

Vermu wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:27 pm
Nice looking bike. Btw did you scale those components individualy? Bartape would’ve been hit with red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. No I didn't weigh them individually, just weight the bike at the end of the build. The 60mm wheelset adds around 350g compared to the campags