Going to a heavier frame: Blue AC1sl

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I just aquired a blue ac1sl frameset. I'm going to strip my addict sl and build this up. They're both size mediums, but the geometry on the addict was "doable" while the geometry on the blue (w/ a shorter TT) should be closer to ideal for me (the price was rather ideal as well). After I built up a time trial bike I've been wanting to go to an aero frame as well.

The addict built up to about 11.5 lbs w/ edge 1.45 tubulars and a little under 12.5lbs w/ the clinchers I use.

The blue frameset (frame, fork (uncut), headset, seatpost and those plastic thingies that keep the fork and dropouts stable in shipping) weighed 1851g, I figure I'll drop about 20-40g more switching out the steel bottle cage bolts & cable guide bolt for aluminum bolts and the seatpost clamp bolts for ti, as well as some small parts that are not needed for this frame.

The addict frameset (headset and seatpost/seatpost clamp included) as is weighs about 459g more, that's not taking into account me not cutting the new fork yet, I'd expect that to take the blue frameset to just under a pound heavier.

The rest of the build will be the same, except the parts that are on the new frameset (seatpost clamp, etc):

Front der- campy chorus tuned to 58g, all bolts and washers included
Crankset- zipp vumaquad (now I'll have to use the bb30 kit)
Saddle- ax lightness endurance - 77g
Rear Derailleur- Sram Red 136g (w/ some tuning)
Brakes- KCNC CB1 w/ swissstop yellow pads - 181g
Cable Adjusters on frame- ritchey 6g (for the pair)
Cable Housing and Liner - I-links and Mini I-links - 54g
FD & RD Cables - mini-I-link 22g (uncut)
Brake Cables- Power Cordz - 8g (F & R)
Shifters, Stem, Bars, Tape- Sram Red w/ btp clamps, Extralite OC 90mm, Ritchey superlogic II carbon, spugna tape- 591g
Fork expander- Extralite Ultrastar - 9g, Extralite Top Cap and screw - 5g
Rear Wheel- Edge 1.45, 24h, extralite hub, sram og-1090 11-26 cassette, m2 racer bolt-on skewer, magnet for speed sensor, Continental Competition 700x22 w/ valve extender (total weight 1001g)
Front Wheel- Edge 1.45 20h, extralite hub, m2 racer bolt-on skewer, conti comp 700x19 w/ valve extender (total weight 723g)
Chain- kmc x10sl, 226g

Now I just need a day to switch everything out and ride the new frameset to see if I'm going to keep both frames or sell the addict.
Attachments
blue ac.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

just finished building, just under 14lbs with clinchers and 25mm tires on there. I have some work to do, there are areas I can shave some weight.

pics later, I'm gonna take it out for ride!
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

I really like these frames and considered getting one for myself, but the fit wouldn't work. Anyways, looking forward to seeing some pictures, it sounds promising.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Here it is. I did 40 miles yesterday and I was impressed with it. Totally different feel than the addict. Harsher ride (not a biggie for me), definitely felt faster, need to do some more riding and comparisons to sort out reality from psychological BS, but the fit is a million times better.

I also need to pull my edge tubulars out and take it for a ride with those on there.
Attachments
blue built  a.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!