Home Gyms and Mancaves

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

@audiojan - Would love a pic of that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dmohara

by dmohara

nathanong87 wrote:
yeaux wrote:If you don't mind, I'd like to know your secret as well.

PMed.

dmohara wrote:Am I go assume that you were playing a game of Tour of Duty while you trained? That's one way of making the time go by!

i attempted* , my monitor isn't that big, so i had a tough time seeing all the detail that im used to while playing which meant i died alot =(. secondly sitting up and playing was hard to focus on riding....also the ONLY way i could play was to assume the t-t "style" position with elbows on the tops of my bars which, wasn't comfy at all.

i only attempted it because it was a 2.5-3 hour trainer session. now i just put on a movie or something =(.

with that being said...i will buy a bigger t.v and attempt the MW3 playing in the future.

As far as gaming maybe some Wii games might be better suited....which would incorporate some good core work for ya while you are at it!

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

dmohara wrote:As far as gaming maybe some Wii games might be better suited....which would incorporate some good core work for ya while you are at it!

if i could do some wii boxing while staying upright , i'd do it!

SINCE PEOPLE KEEP PMing ME ABOUT THE GARMIN MOUNT ENJOY! :D

this is what i have lol.
http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Merchant2 ... e=PCHBM-01

carbon2329

by carbon2329

This might add a little to the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=82128

Finbar

by Finbar

Now this should be the ultimate - but looks a little cramped to me...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... ml#slide/7

yeaux

by yeaux

Here's my pain cave:

jonloh

by jonloh

Sorry for reviving this old thread - I'm moving into a new apartment soon and I have a small room (about 7sqm or 75sqft) that will be my "man-cave". I am looking for inspiration so if anyone has more recent photos of their "man-cave" (preferably in a small apartment room rather than a garage) please do share.

I have two road bikes and a trainer and I am still considering how to mount/store the bikes. Maybe I can set up a TV for Sufferfest sessions...

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I was thinking about starting a thread similar to this, to see how everyone stores their bikes. Here are some photos of my "bike room".

Bike storage section

Small area to work out

Entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonloh

by jonloh

FIJIGabe - i think that's a great way to store multiple bikes - space efficient & neat! I only have two bikes besides wall-mounting, I guess I could use those bike tower stands (e.g. from Minoura). I also like how you have a few cycling & basketball posters/pictures on display.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Thanks. The space over the TV is reserved for my wife, who wants to put up some of her triathlon medals.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

My humble bike cave aka the spare bedroom.
The trainer is set up facing mirror doors so that I can check out pedal stroke and position while training
In the new year it will get a makeover with the bookshelf being moved and a TV going on the wall so I can train with Sufferfest DVDs or watch TDF / Giro etc while training indoors. Fortunately the weather here is good most of the year so indoor training is 45-60 min before work some days or an interval session at the end of a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done