2011 Stevens Builds with custom Decals.

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

thelocust

by thelocust

i got my new CX bikes in 2 weeks ago and have been waiting to post them untill i finished them up completely. i just finished up last night at midnight and only took pics of one but here it is. ill post pics of the set with race wheelsets on later if there is interest.

2011 stevens 52cm with SRAM force single ring setup. 15.4lbs with the race tubulars on it about 1lb heavier with the training clinchers on. its not a true WW build because i stuck with heavier parts for durability in certain areas but they are still lighter than my roadbike (which i only use for training anyways)

they are custom Decaled to match our Team Kit, it took about 2.5 hours per bike but its nearly impossible to tell its not stock.

for reference here they are beforehand

and a pic of the matching kit.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Nice Cale -- I saw these on another forum a couple of days ago. Did you custom cut magenta vinyl to go over the blue? Very nice work. The team Pegasus kit also looks killer.

OH, and welcome to WW btw!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thelocust

by thelocust

im assuming roabike review. yeah i custom cut the magenta with my vinyl plotter and thanks dude i've been lurking over here for years but never really had a great reason to post.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

I want to be on your team, that kit is amazing.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

thelocust

by thelocust

thanks man our designer is awesome. she also did this sweet ass kit for herself

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Really great looking bikes.

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

FANTASTIC. Every detail is killer, on the kit and the build. Where, oh where, did you get that fork mount brake cable stop?? Its so much nicer than the standard tektro out there!

Hein

by Hein

Very, very nice indeed!
That cablestop comes with the frame.
With my frame came two cabelestops for the front break: a normal one, hanging on the steeringpipe, and the one you see here, mounted on the frontfork. The last option prevents the bike from possible shutter while braking. But it's pretty heavy.
For sale: Colnago Master PRZA frameset 58cm

My other bikes:
CX: Stevens Team Carbon Campagnolo Record 10spd; 2x
MTB: Deng Fu 29" XTR, rigid
SS road: Gazelle Special Reynolds 853 Trapezi

thelocust

by thelocust

Hein wrote:Very, very nice indeed!
That cablestop comes with the frame.
With my frame came two cabelestops for the front break: a normal one, hanging on the steeringpipe, and the one you see here, mounted on the frontfork. The last option prevents the bike from possible shutter while braking. But it's pretty heavy.

yes its heavy but i cant get the bars where i want em without it since a steertube mounted hanger requires too many spacers. as it is i've only got a 2.5 mm spacer above the top of the headset cap.

velocat

by velocat

very awesome bikes. you guys are out of portland no? you probably know a couple of my e-friends there! Lovely place if that is where you are.

question about the stevens frames... i've been searching for a cross frame as of late. I need something with a long seat tube and a short top tube as I have a very short torso. I ride a 51cm tri bike and a 56cm road bike (albeit with a high facing stem and lots of steer tube.)

I'm wondering if you could reccomend these as they look lovely, and I've found them on the 'net.

I'm demoing a 54cm cross bike today at cross practice here in sunny socal. im fairly certain it's a fuji.
http://www.MuddySherpa.comBike Reviews/Ride Reports

ADP

by ADP

anything Stevens is alright by me :)

Maybe next year, they arent keen on coming to the UK but Im working on that!

thelocust

by thelocust

velocat wrote:very awesome bikes. you guys are out of portland no? you probably know a couple of my e-friends there! Lovely place if that is where you are.

question about the stevens frames... i've been searching for a cross frame as of late. I need something with a long seat tube and a short top tube as I have a very short torso. I ride a 51cm tri bike and a 56cm road bike (albeit with a high facing stem and lots of steer tube.)

I'm wondering if you could reccomend these as they look lovely, and I've found them on the 'net.

I'm demoing a 54cm cross bike today at cross practice here in sunny socal. im fairly certain it's a fuji.
not from portland, actually out of milwaukee,WI but i also have tons of friends out there.

hmmmm im not sure they fit that bill the geo is pretty standard with a slightly higher BB (although not nearly as high as a Ridley)

the geo charts are around online (they are the exact same geo as the 2010 frames)

thelocust

by thelocust

finally got around to taking pics of the both of them

Rich_W

by Rich_W

4 Thumbs up (I only have two, so I need some help...)!

Yes, sooner or later, this image was bound to show up in the CX forum... I took it upon myself to get it done...

Clivus

by Clivus

What kind of inner chain watcher are you running on your Stevens with the single ring? I have a pair of frames myself, but have had frustration getting a pleasing setup. The seat tube flares as in meets the downtube and the K-edge and Paul guides don't fit. I have a modified third eye now, but I'm not satified. Some close-up pics would be great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com