Cyclocross World Championships - 2008 Treviso...photos...

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

hi :D
great pics and this was such a cool race, best one of the whole season!
wonderful weather, great course, absolutely great athmosphere on the course! hope that they will continue with organising big races.

JK

by JK

You did very well, no? Considering the preparation...

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

yes, considering my last month, it's good. i never took it for granted that my fourth place from last year would be repeatable. and with all i've missed this season and with one month without racing, with just 7 days of real training, it's a very satisfying result.

singlestoph

by singlestoph

and you where on TV

:D

in the second clip, in the last few seconds

s

Jasperr

by Jasperr

I was in Treviso to. I totally agree with simon, nice track, nice weather and nice people around, more then I expected. The conditions f the track chaged every race. I rode with the juniors. Before the start when we were testing the tubes the track was frozen, but by the time we started the upper layer was melted. So it was very very slippery. I started at 32 typhoons, but changed to rhino's after 1 lap. That was much better.

Lars Boom rode on special Rhino's made by Richard Nieuwenhuis, which are called Rhino Bambino, he scoured the top of the normal rhino's away, so they had less resistance in the field. (the thing simon exlained in the topic questions for simon) I have to say that richard is a very nice who does everything to make it fine for the riders. He have been working 3 hours long friday evening to make a rhino bambino from a normal rhino for Kevin (another junior from the dutch team).

Which tubes did you ride Simon? And did you have enough brake power on your carbon LW rims?

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i wanted to ride 32 mm typhoon, and the last minute before i got called to the start was a bit busy. first cutting the arms because it was so warm, then i realised how many riders were standing there with rhinos. the whole french team for example. i then changed to 32mm racing ralph. braking was never a problem, it was a bit noisy at this downhill where mourey crashed(the one after passing the first material box), but in the rest of the course you never really had to brake...
yes, the course was changing all the time, the only thing that got really bad is the first uphill after the finish, that was really slippery and muddy in the end. the rest was really fast.

Guslo

by Guslo

Hi Simon,
I yelled at you during the pre-race lap, but probably you were thinking about the tires or how to do the uphill after the dh were mourey crashed and you didn't care about me...
:cry: :lol:
I was at the finish of the dh and I've seen thew crash of Mourey and especially the look of Wellens to Mourey....I was scary myself....
I hope that Mourey is fine.
Two days of great cyclism, I hope that many more italians now know how cross is spectacular!!
About the tires...Stybar starts the race with the grifo at 1,8 atm...Fontana and Damiani (which punctured after 200 m. riding the first lap with flat tyre) at 1 - 1,5

Ciao!

zank

by zank

My wife has a serious crush on Simon. She said he looked the most PRO of anyone out on the course. I told her that you are married though, Simon. So you don't need to worry about having a stalker :lol:

It was great meeting you after the race on Sunday, Simon. Congratulations on a great ride. Terry and I are going to start a Fan's Club for you here in the US.

I have some photos that I will post soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

singlestoph

by singlestoph

i have found some very nice pictures here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joesales/s ... 845668044/

a lot of other cool pics many from cx races in his photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joesales/

s