Narrow/wide in Campy BCD

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ITTY

by ITTY

Does anyone know if there are any manufacturers of narrow/wide chainrings with Campagnolo specific bolt patterns? I have a Campy crank I'd like to use for a CX build, but so far I haven't been able to find any narrow/wide rings for the Campy 110 BCD. I've been told you can file the 5th bolt hole to fit the different BCD, but that sounds a bit janky to me.
Moloko Plus 6.24 kg

"We haven't located us yet"

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Rotor QCX1?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kman

by kman

I was unaware of the rotor option, I was unable to find anything to suit the 135mm campag bcd. It's hard enough getting hold of a five bolt ring.
I did buy a black race face one in 130 and was planning on enlarging the outer edge of each bolt hole, using another campag ring as a template but haven't had time yet. Another WW member did that and it seems ok.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

ITTY

by ITTY

Well since I'm trying to use the 110 BCD, theoretically I'd only have to modify one of the bolt holes. Maybe it's time to finally get a dremel.
Moloko Plus 6.24 kg

"We haven't located us yet"

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

ITTY: It's super easy. Should take you about 35 seconds :)

You can do it with a simple round file as well, but that will take a bit longer.