Fake 3T Ergonova?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dummey

by dummey

Just received a 3T Ergonova that I bought from ebay and I am not sure if it's a fake or not. It is the pro model. The weight is correct. The bars seem to be the correct quality aluminum (has the same sound and feel as my Rotundo's. It's just that it is missing some decals... What do you guys think?

Mine

Official from 3tcycling.com

steventran

by steventran

I have a pair of OEM Rotundos and I've also seen a pair of OEM Ergosums. The OEM versions of the Pro bars do not have the solid white stripe or the word Pro like the retail versions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dummey

by dummey

steventran wrote:I have a pair of OEM Rotundos and I've also seen a pair of OEM Ergosums. The OEM versions of the Pro bars do not have the solid white stripe or the word Pro like the retail versions.

Ahh, thank you! I didn't know that.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

it is not just an OE version of the PRO. it is a separate bar, different from the PRO level. it is an Ergonova OE. I believe they are usually heavier, although as you weighed yours, i could be wrong.
some of the Ergonova OE bars had the "egg" shape of the bar tops put in the wrong orientation. they sometimes slope down to the front, instead of being flat or with a slight downslope back.
they come on some Cervelos. notice the other 3t parts are actual PRO or TEAM level parts.

http://cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2011/R3/prices-specs/