Aero Parlee Proto

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

musket

by musket

Like most UCI compliant bikes, they'll all look a little similar. The difference of course, will be that the Parlee is (hopefully) designed with significantly better routing, ride quality and finish that any Cervelo. That'd be in line with the Parlee TT, which rides vastly better than the P3/4. I think AC even did one with drop bars as a roadie...

ty-ro

by ty-ro

I like it. It looks clean and aero. Is this going to be a standard model at some point or is it only a concept bike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

The Green Flame

by The Green Flame

How can you adjust the saddle height on this frame? It is a frame with a ISP, but you cannot cut it to the right length? If you cut it you are losing the top bit of the seatpost and there is nowhere you can mount the saddle. Or am I missing something?

Caveman

by Caveman

I think what most of you guys are missing is that this is a concept bike, it's not even considered ridable in it's current form! If this does goes into production, I'm sure it will be made more user friendly/adjustable. No real point in nit picking at the details just yet...

Caveman

by Caveman

I would also like to add that this has the best looking head tube of any bike I've seen (IMO), which is a real step up from there current TT head tube (which is by far the ugliest head tube I've ever seen (IMO)). Hoping that they adapt that shape to there next gen TT frame (except with horizontal TT, of course).

airwise

by airwise

Sorry looks like any other black (surprise!) aero bike to me.

And it will no doubt be equally pointless for 99.99% of it's intended market. Heavens above the public are swallowing this hook line and sinker. :roll:

VNTech

by VNTech

justkeepedaling wrote:The Parlee TT was pretty much throwing some nice NACA symmetrical airfoils and "boat racing experience" together. low speed NACA usually means 60-120 knots, not something we see on a bike, and boats are in a totally different medium. Not sure how relevant his design is in comparison to a Felt DA, Cervelo P3/4, Shiv, or Speed Concept. Along the same vein of thought, I wonder if this aero road bike is tunnel tested.

Can't say much about the bike, but I can say that Bob has spent a lot of time in the MIT tunnel lately (he lives outside of Boston).
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech

ricerocket

by ricerocket

musket wrote:Like most UCI compliant bikes, they'll all look a little similar. The difference of course, will be that the Parlee is (hopefully) designed with significantly better routing, ride quality and finish that any Cervelo. That'd be in line with the Parlee TT, which rides vastly better than the P3/4. I think AC even did one with drop bars as a roadie...

If it is going to be UCI compliant, that means that headtube must be pretty damn fat if it's to follow the 3:1 rule.

Zitter

by Zitter

looks like they used picatinny rails for the seatpost

Geoff

by Geoff

:D at least we'll be able to describe our saddle position by rail address!

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

ricerocket wrote:
musket wrote:Like most UCI compliant bikes, they'll all look a little similar. The difference of course, will be that the Parlee is (hopefully) designed with significantly better routing, ride quality and finish that any Cervelo. That'd be in line with the Parlee TT, which rides vastly better than the P3/4. I think AC even did one with drop bars as a roadie...

If it is going to be UCI compliant, that means that headtube must be pretty damn fat if it's to follow the 3:1 rule.

I thought there were some weird exceptions about the gusseting of tubes. Look at the Scott Plasma 3, or even a UCI legal Shiv and it looks like they're well beyond 3:1, but then they're allowed.

Whoever mentioned the Parlee TT headtube being the ugliest thing, I agree :lol:

I really can't say I like the new trend of integrated brakes on road frames. TT/Tri, sure because they're pretty much single purpose bikes, but some of the versatility is lost with these brake systems on road bikes.

djconnel

by djconnel

A guy had a very time-trial-frame-like mass-start bike on the Palo Alto Noon Ride on Friday with brakes mounted under the chainstays. I didn't retain the model, but I doubt the name on the frame meant much. It made a really loud noise when he hot the brakes.

Anyway, in judging the Parlee remember it's likely custom: that's its primary selling point. It doesn't need to otherwise differentiate itself relative to stock frames.

funhog1

by funhog1

I like Bob's concept:

If someone's going aero why not go all the way? hide everything from the wind.

I'd like to know more about the brakes, That red pad assembly peeking out... = no go.
Buy it. & Ride it.
Only if it has a high margin of utility.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I love the bitching about Aesthetics...

Put any color on it and it looks like crap.
Any Graphics and they're "over" / "Under" / Poorly done...
Make it matte ghosted and it should have had Paint and Graphics :lol: :lol: :lol:

The good news is this isnt the bike...

They're already past it. :wink:

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

edit: Derr, too many aero frames looking alike!
Last edited by BeeSeeBee on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com