Campa 2006

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

I have just seen a picture of the new 2006 Eurus wheels. They have a lower front rim and alu spokes and new graphics. The weight is claimed to be 1510g.
There will ba a new chain, too. Only 5,9mm wide and 255g.

Wonder what else they have in the goodiebag for next year? A new crank/BB system?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Mario Jr. wrote:I have just seen a picture of the new 2006 Eurus wheels. They have a lower front rim and alu spokes and new graphics. The weight is claimed to be 1510g.
There will ba a new chain, too. Only 5,9mm wide and 255g.

Wonder what else they have in the goodiebag for next year? A new crank/BB system?

I've seen all of the '06 Campy wheels, most of them are changing in one way or another, some are being completely redesigned. I think neutrons and protons are the only ones that aren't changing.

They're dropping the low-end Centaur BB and have re-designed the Veloce BB slightly. As far as I've seen, they're not introducing a new integrated bb/crank yet. That could change as we get our stock...

PinarelloPrinceSL

by PinarelloPrinceSL

What about the rumored 12 speed on campyonly?? Any word on that??

HXTi

by HXTi

Can you guys post a pic or give a link for 06 eurus wheels? I'd be curious to see what they've done. thanks

nexusheli

by nexusheli

PinarelloPrinceSL wrote:What about the rumored 12 speed on campyonly?? Any word on that??

I just talked to my Campy guy. As far as we know at this point, unless they change something just before delivery, Record and Chorus stay 99.9% the same across the board. The only inline changes we're aware of at this point is compact alloy cranks in the Centaur and Veloce lines. No 12 speed, no integrated BB's, nada.

Boonen

by Boonen

there are prototypes around of both cf (wrapped) brakes and cf hubs (maybe wrapped?) for the Record line making an all-carbon group 8) From what I heard they should be available in 2006, but maybe they have some problems :?:

The last month upto the bikeshows is allways exiting :D

sharkman

by sharkman

What about the rumored 12 speed on campyonly

For what reason do you think they are designing a smaller chain? Guess at the latest in 2007 12 speed will be a fact.

divve

by divve

I just measured the width of a C10 chain. The outer plates are ~6.05mm wide. If there's a narrower chain in the works I think it's likely to have thinner plates, but not a different inner diameter.

nexusheli

by nexusheli

divve wrote:I just measured the width of a C10 chain. The outer plates are ~6.05mm wide. If there's a narrower chain in the works I think it's likely to have thinner plates, but not a different inner diameter.

Whatever chain rumors you're hearing are probably in relation to the new Centaur level chain. Campy will now offer 3 chains, the Ultra with the hollowed link pins, the standard Record C10 (which really should be called the Chorus), and a new Centaur level C10 below the Record C10.

As far as we can see at the moment there is no thinner chain coming into production for '06 unless they are really putting an intermediate chain in-between and renaming the standard C10 chain...

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

No, it was in a newsletter from the danish distributor. A new top chain - I forgot its name - and it was 5,9mm and 255g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com