Colorado Cyclists sells LightWeight wheels......wow!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cadence90

by cadence90

For what it's worth I would much rather order LW from Gypzybikz rather than Colorado Cyclist any day of the week, even though I live in the US.
Why?
Because I value this forum and Gypzybikz's sponsorship of it greatly AND I value CarbonSports's excellent contributions to this forum greatly.
In the active participation of both companies here an implicit trust is developed.
I hope the two can resolve any business differences in private and that any "bad feelings" can be forgiven.
Here's to you both: :beerchug:
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Agreed. If I ever get the money for some lightweight wheels, I will buy them from starbike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rossconi

by rossconi

cadence90 wrote:I value this forum and Gypzybikz's sponsorship of it greatly AND I value CarbonSports's excellent contributions to this forum greatly.
In the active participation of both companies here an implicit trust is developed.
I hope the two can resolve any business differences in private and that any "bad feelings" can be forgiven.
Here's to you both: :beerchug:

Here here. I bought my Lightweights through Gypzbikz and could not be happier with my purchase. This is down to two reasons:

1) These wheels of of the higest standard and never fail to amaze me. I think what Carbonsports have done to the brand has to be commended, these wheels now have a greater understanding and knowledge from the major cycling community.

2) I have ordered many products through Gypzybikz, in fact most of my bikes have been built up through them. I have always recieved the products without any problem to speak of and I value the way they deal with cutomer queries. That is why I had no worries about handing over such a large sum of money for these wheels, because I knew that Gypzybikz would not let me down.

So to put it in a nutshell, here we have two companies that myself and many others value greatly through past experince. It would be a real shame if the two of them ceased to work together.

Mav54

by Mav54

I'm still saving to buy Lightweights through Gypzbikz - so, keep it together guy! 8)

smallfish101

by smallfish101

GypzyBikz wrote:
That's why it's more than irritating to us (to put it mildly) why the above has been posted,
especially after a customer who has ordered a set at us had written:
smallfish101 wrote:I'm sure you are correct, but I am still on backorder with Gypzy - mid June, I believe.

@ Martin, yes I did write that - please however be aware that it was not a criticism of Gypzybikz. It was merely a reply to a previous post ( and a rather envious reply, I do admit ). I was informed at the placement of my order that there was a shortage, and that I would not get delivery before mid June, so I was not complaining. I think that most people are reasonable when it comes to shortages of popular products provided they are in the information loop.

I do believe like everyone else here that to lose CS would be a severe blow. I appeal to CS to reconsider and continue your much appreciated input.

To put it another way, have you ever EVER seen, on this forum, a situation where 100% ( less 2 ) of the contributors are in absolute agreement with each other?
GO HARD OR GO HOME

doozer

by doozer

rossconi wrote:
Here here. I bought my Lightweights through Gypzbikz and could not be happier with my purchase. This is down to two reasons:

1) These wheels of of the higest standard and never fail to amaze me. I think what Carbonsports have done to the brand has to be commended, these wheels now have a greater understanding and knowledge from the major cycling community.

2) I have ordered many products through Gypzybikz, in fact most of my bikes have been built up through them. I have always recieved the products without any problem to speak of and I value the way they deal with cutomer queries. That is why I had no worries about handing over such a large sum of money for these wheels, because I knew that Gypzybikz would not let me down.

There you have the greatest accolade a carbon wheel could ever have. An Irishman buying a set to ride on irish roads. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LW's must truely be the toughest wheels ever made

Doozer :mrgreen:
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

kuna

by kuna

I saw those wheels in Colorado cyclist - $3,700 for the Standard pair (1145g), and $5,500 for the Oberymayer pair (1035g). So that is 110 grams in savings and an extra $1,800 for the Obermayer pair. So about $16.00 per gram? That is dumb, how much of a performance advantage is this?

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

I have both the Obermayer and the standard set. Obermayers are worth the extra.

okr

by okr

kuna wrote:I saw those wheels in Colorado cyclist - $3,700 for the Standard pair (1145g), and $5,500 for the Oberymayer pair (1035g). So that is 110 grams in savings and an extra $1,800 for the Obermayer pair. So about $16.00 per gram? That is dumb, how much of a performance advantage is this?

If you are in the Obermayer segment, you do not make dollar a gram figures...

cadence90

by cadence90

True. And if one owns 2 sets of LW, clearly economics is not an issue.

Over on RBR there is a thread about posting one's light bikes (many not so light or so nice IMHO); some guy posted a photo of his ride next to his car, so another guy did, then another...d$#n, some people really have lots of loose cash to spend! Hey, if they love cycling and spend it on that, more power to them.

No doubt they are great wheels, but I couldn't justify purchasing them unless I really reached a certain performance level (which I am very far from :cry: ).
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

LJ wrote:I have both the Obermayer and the standard set. Obermayers are worth the extra.

I have some student loans I could use some help paying off... care to sell your standard set and sponsor a poor, needy WW? :twisted: :twisted:

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

allezkmiec wrote:I have some student loans I could use some help paying off... care to sell your standard set and sponsor a poor, needy WW? :twisted: :twisted:

I have too been the poor student! If only I had the the money when I was 20 years old, perhaps I wouldnt be as extravagent now!