Power meters selection - pros/cons

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

You might be able to find a Quarq spider that fits the Specialized crankset.

Otherwise, you can always just get a stages and pick up a used (or new on sale) Ultegra 6800 crankset. You could get a stages setup for under $1000 that way.

Or get the P2Max setup for a bit more.

The Roval wheels are nice, good race wheels. I think it's nice to have power for training and racing (for analysis afterwards), so I'd try and make a crank based system work for you.

You can always find decent deals on wired DA7800 SRMs as well. Not as new and flashy, but solid units. Used Quarks are out there as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KevBed

by KevBed

So it would not be a good idea to just stick a powertab in the roval wheels and just never change the wheelset? I dont really plan to because they will be both training and race wheels.

As for the second hand would it be quarq elsa rs?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Is worth adding DC Rainmakers 'power meter buying guide' in here

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/09/buye ... ition.html

j0oftheworld

by j0oftheworld

Just rode my Quarq Red22 for the first time.. very easy to use and takes a $2 watch battery. ;)
I went with it over the wheel/hub and new pedal style for it SRAM backing and price point. ~$1300 new
JasonM. Tempe, AZ
'14 SW Roubaix / '16 Allez Sprint

vtspot

by vtspot

I am too looking for a second powermeter and Powertap G3 is one of my options. Based on the reviews out there, no issue on the accuracy, but mostly complaint about the bearing, and is a high maintenance hub. However, some claim that Powertap G3 is perfectly fine and working without problem. Although I am more into the hub due to price, and I can switch it with different bikes, but still hesitate on the bearing part. Guess i will take the risk and get it.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

The Power2Max that would go on your Specialized cranks retails for $1079, which is pretty close to your budget.

Turbopowr

by Turbopowr

I have the Specialized P2M (130 bcd) on my Tarmac Pro and so far it has been flawless for the 6 months that I've had it. Just jump on the bike and go - doesn't skip a beat.
Hector Cabrera
Orlando, FL
2011 Spec Tarmac Pro DA

Flowy

by Flowy

Any information about sensitivus Powermeter on THM Clavicula SE? I find zero news or reviews on that thing. What happens if the PM fails - can it be repaired for a small prize or is the 1750euro thing for the trashcan?