New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Seems fair. I've just got a Stages Campy one and am very happy with it. It has been consistent and is giving me higher numbers as I've got faster/fitter. Takes a while to get used to making some use of it but I think I'm getting there. Still find it hard to ride a consistent power output but I agree if you use it to regulate speed you go faster. I've managed my first 24 mph solo ride on it by aiming for my Threshold power and trying to hold it there without going too much over and also not letting it drop on descents. Never been above 23 before so was very pleased.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

glepore wrote:But I'm not regularly getting trounced by guys on SRM's because they're on SRM's.

Owning and knowing how to use a PM - regardless of brand - are mutually exclusive. SRM or otherwise. But assuming all did know, I'd take the athlete with the more accurate data.

kulivontot wrote:And you'll notice that the great many of these cyclists are continuing to train effectively nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for nerding out with data, but the reality is that the big picture is that it doesn't really matter unless you're using some very advanced techniques. The fundamentals of training don't change with 1%, 2% or even 5% data errors.

True enough. But. 20w means a lot to me and I am a Hubbard. I'm not going to mitigate inaccuracy simply because the perception is my ability does not warrant an accurate power meter.

This study (from what I read) also does not factor in temperature changes. Tests were done in what sounds like a consistent environment. And we know some brands (SRM) have known issues with drift as temperature changes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

20w in intra-unit consistency is a lot and enough to make it uselss.. 20w from power meter to power meter is less of an issue.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ichobi

by ichobi

Thats the gist of it. Though would be nice if we can have someone willing to commit time and resource to do similar study with more sample sizes from each brand. Not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

ichobi wrote:Thats the gist of it. Though would be nice if we can have someone willing to commit time and resource to do similar study with more sample sizes from each brand. Not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you haven't read today's blog by Ray, where he cover the basis of DCR Analyzer https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/05/the ... o-use.html
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Any news on Specialized 2018 powermeter.

The Speedzone Ant+ power spider doesn't exist no more....

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I didn't know Specialized ever planned to do a PM. The previous power spider was just a re-badged Quarq.

norcimmus

by norcimmus

Is the Pioneer meter for Ultegra 6800 still a relevant option? I'd prefer to hook it through my Wahoo Bolt instead of their head unit.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

just rebranded bepro, no?

rukomasa

by rukomasa

Just got chinese xcadey x-power. 105grade 172.5mm.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SOL26 から送信

jeffy

by jeffy

that is intriguing.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

What did it cost? Where did you buy it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rukomasa

by rukomasa

sunture bicycle in aliexpress. they shipped next day.
Costs 217USD. Well i can find 4iiii on 360ish, but i just want to give a try.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SOL26 から送信