Cervelo R3SL With Look Fork ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Carbonman

by Carbonman

Anyone have a picture of an R3SL with a Look HSC 5SL fork ?

I tried loads with my old Scott CR1 and never found a good fit from fork crown to head tube. The R3SL is a bit more "standard" in head tube size I think. I tried a Easton EC90SLX when I got the frame but there was a slight difference in size, although recently I saw a lovely white R3 (not SL) with a Easton SLX fork which looked to fit perfectly. So now I'm worried that if I get the Look frok the fork crown will be too big.

Appreciate the help.

PS I know the Wolf SL is a nice fork, looks good and I've no problems from a performance perspective. I don't like the glued in tube / star nut. I tried to alter the position of the star nut and the alloy tube moved up a few mm and I had to cut it down a bit so now I'm concerned that this is no longer bonded to the steer tube properly. Just want to go back to a good old Schmolke top cap.

I'm a few grams over 5kg at the moment and the fork swap with a Schmolke top cap would save in the region of 40-45 gms. So for under 250 GBP I'll get sub 5kg which is way cheaper than any other option at the moment.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

there you go
Attachments
cervelo r3.JPG
cer 002.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

it may not be an r3 sl but you get the idea

uscswimming

by uscswimming

ferrarista wrote:there you go

Have you ridden the R3 with any other fork? Can you compare? How do you like the ride of the HSC5 with the R3?

The reason I ask is i broke the Wolf SL I had (loved the ride), than put on a easton EC90SLX and hate it so I have a HSC5 in my closet but I am waiting for my new bars to install.

Also, did you have any problems with the install? What headset did use? Did the lower bearing sit right on the crown with no problems?

Thanks and sorry for all the ?'s.

GoMax

by GoMax

I have a r3-sl with a look hsc5 fork mounted, and its abolutely perfect. Quick steering, good compliance, and stable at high speeds. You need a little spacer for the front brakes (zero gravity) or they hit the fork. I considered mounting the wolf sl fork (still have, PM me if you're interested), but went for the look, since I've alwasy loved their forks for stability and design.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

uscswimming wrote:
ferrarista wrote:there you go

Have you ridden the R3 with any other fork? Can you compare? How do you like the ride of the HSC5 with the R3?

The reason I ask is i broke the Wolf SL I had (loved the ride), than put on a easton EC90SLX and hate it so I have a HSC5 in my closet but I am waiting for my new bars to install.

Also, did you have any problems with the install? What headset did use? Did the lower bearing sit right on the crown with no problems?

Thanks and sorry for all the ?'s.

LoL those are not my bikes so I can't tell you. I have a specialized with the hsc5 sl that i recently installed. still din't ride it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com