TOOT ASHAA RR handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Finn

by Finn

Seems like interesting option if searching for super narrow handlebar setup for road. And the carbon option isn't even outrageously priced. Would be curious to try one, though don't know if it starts to be borderline too narrow for general road riding, even though I currently have 32cm c-c hoods handlebar.

https://performance.tootengineering.com ... rr-carbon/
ASHAA-2-2048x2048.jpg

apr46

by apr46

I have been one of the potential customers interested in these bars for over a year since they first showed them on some of the TRed custom bikes.

Other than maybe being too narrow, the geometry of the bars, particularly the rise has given me pause as it looks like the goal is to almost emulate the old style of TT position with the J bend bars. I am not sure how i feel about that as a road bar as I think i would prefer the bar without the rise as you can see in the dimensioned graphic. The green bar appear to be the smallest Enve AR bar (not the Enve Aero).

Photo from Bike Rumor, the dimensioned graphic is from TooT.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Ever the tinkerer, I have one of the carbon versions ordered. I'm not 100% sold on the 35mm rise and shallow effective drop, but we'll see. On the other hand I've been pretty pleased with my AeroCoach Ornix bars.

toxin

by toxin

I like some of the ideas but the long reach is an instant stopper for me. I already have to be mindful of my out of the saddle form to not hit the bar with my legs

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

toxin wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:58 pm
I like some of the ideas but the long reach is an instant stopper for me. I already have to be mindful of my out of the saddle form to not hit the bar with my legs

You’re not supposed to use a shorter stem with these bars, so I’m not seeing how that’s going to be an issue.

apr46

by apr46

I think i am still going to hold until there is more information about these out there. Still skeptical of the rise even though i use J bend TT extenstions.

One of the big challenges TRed and others will face as they roll out narrows bars is educating customers around how these (along with the Ornix bars) appear to be designed to make it so you dont have to change anything else in your setup with the shape of the bars taking care of the changes reach caused by narrower bars.

Finn

by Finn

TobinHatesYou wrote:Ever the tinkerer, I have one of the carbon versions ordered. I'm not 100% sold on the 35mm rise and shallow effective drop, but we'll see. On the other hand I've been pretty pleased with my AeroCoach Ornix bars.
Did you get one ? And if yes, how has it been?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Finn wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:Ever the tinkerer, I have one of the carbon versions ordered. I'm not 100% sold on the 35mm rise and shallow effective drop, but we'll see. On the other hand I've been pretty pleased with my AeroCoach Ornix bars.
Did you get one ? And if yes, how has it been?

None have shipped yet. I just got an e-mail that they finalized the design, but I'd be very surprised if it ships before the end of April.