Wheeltop EDS TX electronic groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

One button left makes sense, going back and forth. Actually kind of like that idea, less to think about or feel, just press to change FD.

toxin

by toxin

I wouldn't have minded two buttons on the left so you can set one to control a headunit

Gonna wait for the alu version to see if it's worth it causr I'm not paying 1-200€ extra for carbon levers and rear cage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

~US$810 for two shifters, calipers, RD and FD and no rotors seems like a pretty bad deal when you can still find Force AXS D1 upgrade kits w/rotors for the same price.

At $650 these would make a lot more sense.

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:33 am
~US$810 for two shifters, calipers, RD and FD and no rotors seems like a pretty bad deal when you can still find Force AXS D1 upgrade kits w/rotors for the same price.
Depends where you are in the world. Force D1 upgrade kits are closer to $1300 USD ($2000 AUD) here in Australia. I expect prices will come down as supply ramps up and the aluminium version becomes available.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

First impresions:
- setup / installation was pretty easy - set big ring on front and small on rear, setup fd /rd with limit screws then run first time callibration on both derralieurs. (this calibration works same way as in dura ace 7970 but on another rings - and fd adjustment is possible)
- first ride - i did 70 kms in ugly headwind in mixed terrain, made one stop to correct fd setup and everything works on a 98% precision of di2 7970 that i had previously on this bike (even with my little out of true front chainring and a werid 53/36 combo)
- custom button configuration with app is a big plus, the shifters fit nicely on my palms - i was not able to pair them with my garmin but i dont know if it is even supported (i just give it a try)

toxin

by toxin

They can connect to computers but yeah garmin probably doesn't support it. Igps does

Somebody successfully used it with a 42t cassette

RDY

by RDY

xsnailx wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:33 pm
First impresions:
- setup / installation was pretty easy - set big ring on front and small on rear, setup fd /rd with limit screws then run first time callibration on both derralieurs. (this calibration works same way as in dura ace 7970 but on another rings - and fd adjustment is possible)
- first ride - i did 70 kms in ugly headwind in mixed terrain, made one stop to correct fd setup and everything works on a 98% precision of di2 7970 that i had previously on this bike (even with my little out of true front chainring and a werid 53/36 combo)
- custom button configuration with app is a big plus, the shifters fit nicely on my palms - i was not able to pair them with my garmin but i dont know if it is even supported (i just give it a try)
I'm sure it could be configured using a simple connect IQ app if someone made it. I'm surprised WheelTop haven't already done this. Maybe suggest it to them if you're in contact with them.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

RDY wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:04 pm
I'm sure it could be configured using a simple connect IQ app if someone made it. I'm surprised WheelTop haven't already done this. Maybe suggest it to them if you're in contact with them.
Sure i will , i have some translation errors in app to report too

KalviDj

by KalviDj

TX and OX will be cross compatible? 🤔
OX rear derailleur with TX shifters would be the real deal

toxin

by toxin

Very very unlikely, tx can take a 42 cassette anyway

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

toxin wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:20 pm
Thats not bad, within 100g of ultegra with battery

Shifting looks fine too, just have to see the reliability now
Then I wouldn't compare it to Ultegra but 105 with a 3rd party crank

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

KalviDj wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:11 pm
TX and OX will be cross compatible? 🤔
OX rear derailleur with TX shifters would be the real deal
Seems to be conflicting information here:

https://velo.outsideonline.com/road/roa ... ipei-2024/
Wheeltop says their shift levers pair with their wide-range mountain bike derailleur, though they suggest that there will be a ready-made alternative for drop bar folks who want a wide-range 1x gearing coming soon.
https://sundappledforest.wordpress.com/ ... ty-update/
The replay came within hours: “Hello, this is EDS Aftermarket. Sorry, these two are not compatible.“

LekkerBraai

by LekkerBraai

Anyone knows how the WHeeltop EDS TX compares to the recent L-TWOO eRX electronic groupset? I've seen some quality issues with the L-twoo from the GCN Performance and TraceVelo youtube channles.

toxin

by toxin

Nobody knows yet, ltwoo has a new revision coming out and wheeltop have barely started selling

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bsharp77

by bsharp77

I asked Panda Podium if they would be stocking this as it looks promising - they said not at the minute as there are a few major issues with it. Im not sure what these are but would like to see a full review.