Bross Zenith

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheLuddite

by TheLuddite

When will it be famous?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joesch

by joesch

I like its aggressive looks, and I would not worry about harshness at all. It seems to be a bike built to go fast, head down, skinsuit on.
No one would expect a plush ride from a Porsche GT2, but speed, speed, speed. Same for this bike: look (and ride) as fast as possible, probably for max. 2-3 hour efforts like crits or road races with 90% of the time spent in the drops (core stability permitting).

For longer, more "enjoyable" rides, there are purpose-built bikes with the geometry to make sure you can go the distance in relative comfort.
Again, you wouldn't use your GT2 to take your family of four shopping. Get a station wagon for that.

(Side note: judging by the SL8's aero claims, fast does not necessarily seem to equate to a particularly "aggressive" look)

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

I love how the industry has brainwashed almost all epople into thinking the "ultra custom computational eningeered carbon layup" has anyhtign to do with stiffness. Yes of course flat aero shapes have lower flex but above anything else, tire setup it the most important point when it comes to comfort.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

TheLuddite wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:46 pm
When will it be famous?
I can't answer, I can't answer that

apr46

by apr46

Interesting frame! Did they release anything regarding their aero development?

I am not ready to assume this bike would be super fast just based on the shapes, but I want to learn more.

robeambro

by robeambro

ViperFFM wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:14 pm
I love how the industry has brainwashed almost all epople into thinking the "ultra custom computational eningeered carbon layup" has anyhtign to do with stiffness. Yes of course flat aero shapes have lower flex but above anything else, tire setup it the most important point when it comes to comfort.
Whilst that may be true, if one ends up having to fit 32mm tires at the front to achieve the desired level of comfort, they might lose a good part of the aero advantage (vs a more comfortable semi aero frame) they had gained in the first place. Otherwise we'd all be better off on TT bikes with 38mm slick tires..

AZR3

by AZR3

Maybe I missed it or it hasn't been mentioned yet but which BB is this? Guessing PF86

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

AZR3 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:12 pm
Maybe I missed it or it hasn't been mentioned yet but which BB is this? Guessing PF86
On the first post one of the photos with the frame sepcs has BSA on it. As I cannot read Chinese I can't say for certain but I'd have a good guess that it's the BB type.

AZR3

by AZR3

CampagYOLO wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:16 pm
AZR3 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:12 pm
On the first post one of the photos with the frame sepcs has BSA on it. As I cannot read Chinese I can't say for certain but I'd have a good guess that it's the BB type.
Good catch! Totally missed that, thanks

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

RDY wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:58 am
What tires does it fit though? And it looks like it's retained the reversible seatpost, which is definitely a good feature if you need to reduce reach or favor a forward position on the bike.
Tire clearance should be 32c

Seatpost isn't reversible although 0mm and 15mm versions are offered

There are also 2 types of fork, not separated by layup but instead blade profile with the less aero one being 80g lighter

Launch event photos here

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Slightly similar approach to Basso Diamante with the upper headset bearing seated lower than the top tube. From personal experience I can say this makes for an exceptional handling and firm front end.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

I like it. Looks sleek. And I'd rock that pink frame. Depending on price for the lower tiers, it could be a nice crit bike. Stiff and aero. No need for super comfort for short crits.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

elmtree

by elmtree

I love the seat tube seat stay connection. Nice looking bike

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

RDY wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:02 pm
But the huge Bross logo on the downtube ... I'm not sure if @Chinacycling is old enough to remember why that will kill sales to the UK.
Yeah, that's not going to work. It's a name that has zero value in terms of historical brand equity, and in English at least it is hard to say, and odd sounding when you do say it. The closest word in English is "dross" which means worthless or trash. In metal work dross is used to refer to the scum that forms on the surface of molten metal. Really an incredibly stupid name if there is any interest in the English speaking market. Can't speak for other markets. If you descend to the urban dictionary level, the term is sometimes used as a combo of bro and boss. But for a bike? Nah. Looks like some effort went into the frame design, why not a quick Google search on the name before putting it in freaking giant letters on the bike. :noidea:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Kevin7767

by Kevin7767

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:04 am
RDY wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:02 pm
But the huge Bross logo on the downtube ... I'm not sure if @Chinacycling is old enough to remember why that will kill sales to the UK.
Yeah, that's not going to work. It's a name that has zero value in terms of historical brand equity, and in English at least it is hard to say, and odd sounding when you do say it. The closest word in English is "dross" which means worthless or trash. In metal work dross is used to refer to the scum that forms on the surface of molten metal. Really an incredibly stupid name if there is any interest in the English speaking market. Can't speak for other markets. If you descend to the urban dictionary level, the term is sometimes used as a combo of bro and boss. But for a bike? Nah. Looks like some effort went into the frame design, why not a quick Google search on the name before putting it in freaking giant letters on the bike. :noidea:
Hate to burst your bubble but Bross also rhymes with floss, which according to Urban Dictionary means "To flaunt expensive merchadise such as Iced-out rollies, Jaguars on Triple Golds, Gem-encrusted Pimp goblets, Huge whops of dank hydro, etc." :D

And as long as we're here. Gib means "A derogatory term for someone with their hand out demanding that other people fulfill all their needs and desires." :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com