Where is new SRAM Red?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

tmrace wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:19 am
Joe from china cycling spotted the new 1x chainring without realizing it in his video

Those aren't the new crank arm graphics though.

IMG_4133.jpeg

I think that's the old chainring with updated graphics.

Here's the new 1x chainring with a different battery cover.

tmrace

by tmrace

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:29 am
tmrace wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:19 am
Joe from china cycling spotted the new 1x chainring without realizing it in his video

Those aren't the new crank arm graphics though.

IMG_4133.jpeg

I think that's the old chainring with updated graphics.

Here's the new 1x chainring with a different battery cover.
You're right I looked too quickly that is technically the old ring and old power meter pod design (new pod is more square), but that is basically what the new chainring graphics are going to be (just slightly more grey than white as pictured).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

splzd

by splzd

Minirac wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:59 pm
That is the same as new version of SRAM Force AXS Front Derailleur just some cosmetics red update..
At least the cage is different.

DogmaHiFi

by DogmaHiFi

So in April will be the official presentation

CFrancis515

by CFrancis515

Any updates?

jcooley

by jcooley

CFrancis515 wrote:Any updates?
I know right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Sram has been taking sample groups around to key accounts for a while now. I think we saw it more than 3 months ago, which is a bigger than usual time gap between showing and announcing. It's almost a guarantee that the official presentation will be at Sea Otter. Several companies are announcing new stuff a few days prior to sea otter so I'd expect to see it officially announce sometime between April 11 and April 18.

aham23

by aham23

madcow wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm
Sram has been taking sample groups around to key accounts for a while now. I think we saw it more than 3 months ago, which is a bigger than usual time gap between showing and announcing. It's almost a guarantee that the official presentation will be at Sea Otter. Several companies are announcing new stuff a few days prior to sea otter so I'd expect to see it officially announce sometime between April 11 and April 18.
awesome! dibs on the first full groupset you get. :)

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Seems like no new SRAM at RVV today unlike what someone said on here.

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

What's the bet they are doing the threaded chainrings on the power meter like the MTB power meter is now? I really have my fingers crossed for that.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Jhomewood wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm
What's the bet they are doing the threaded chainrings on the power meter like the MTB power meter is now? I really have my fingers crossed for that.

We’ve seen spy shots of the 1x chainrings and they don’t have the threaded interface.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Jhomewood wrote:
Why does anyone want that? Special tool needed and limited chainring choices

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

eins4eins wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:04 pm
Jhomewood wrote:

I don’t particularly care about chainring choice. No aftermarket options compare to SRAM’s X-Sync 2 profiling. I have plenty of special tools already, what’s one more?

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:56 pm
eins4eins wrote:
Jhomewood wrote:

I don’t particularly care about chainring choice. No aftermarket options compare to SRAM’s X-Sync 2 profiling. I have plenty of special tools already, what’s one more?
Ah yes, great point. Let's keep spending more money, throwing away power meters and not chaning your gearing because it means buying another power meter because they're bonded to the chainrings instead of buying/borrowing one cheap tool.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Jhomewood wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:06 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:56 pm
eins4eins wrote:
Jhomewood wrote:

Ah yes, great point. Let's keep spending more money, throwing away power meters and not chaning your gearing because it means buying another power meter because they're bonded to the chainrings instead of buying/borrowing one cheap tool.

You understand that the thread-on system means you don’t throw the power meter away when the chainrings get worn out, right?