Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GrassQ

by GrassQ

I like the paintjob, specially how and where they have used pink.
It connected the front and rear end nicely. Unlike some other colorthemes, where the effect color is only in the fork, which I dont particularly like (unless the effect color is black, then its neutral for me)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobbyB

by BobbyB

hannawald wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 pm

Thanks for your insights it is really helpful. My steerer was cut OK, just at the stem level. So that was not the cause of the problems.I cut 5mm from the steerer height so I now have 40mm incl. headset cover. It was a time demanding project as I didn´t want to cut the cables so I had to cover everything properly not to get any carbon dust inside the steerer or on the floor etc. Then I cleaned the inside of the steerer and the expander with isopropyl alcohol. Then I put a lot of grease on the expander bolt and the top cap bolt. I took carbogrip and sprayed the expander and inside of the delta steerer tube. I put the expander in and tightened to 4Nm. Carbogrip is a liquid which should start to work similarly to carbon paste after 10 minutes. I was super cautious and waited 3 hours, not 10min. After that I used the top cap and torqued to 4Nm. Then I disassambled the top cap and checked the torque on the expander. It held those 4Nm. This is a change from my previous experience.
So I put the top cap back at 4Nm, applied loctite on stem bolts and torqued to 6Nm. Then I went to sleep:) I wanted loctite to have proper time. Today I went for a 70km ride and it seems the stem bolts hold their 6Nm. WHether it is the loctite or the expander holds... I don´t know. I won´t disassamble it obviously as I could brake the fragile equilibrium:) We will see, but I have some hope:)

If I could buy the glued in expander that pros use, I would do it in a heatbeat.
Out of interest I checked my stem bolts today and they were both 6Nm, haven't been touched since October. I've only done maybe 200 miles not on the trainer since then so they haven't faced many forces which could loosen them I suppose. I haven't checked my expander bolt again yet as I am a little worried it will give me issues again. It's fine for now so don't want to mess with it 😄.

neostocovick

by neostocovick

Hey everyone, my Momo bar finally arrived at my lbs and I am taking it there this week to get installed. I've read people here say their bars weren't shipped with all the pieces needed for the installation. Is that a common issue or should everything needed be in the box with the bar? Thank you.

johnpuga1982

by johnpuga1982

neostocovick wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:23 pm
Hey everyone, my Momo bar finally arrived at my lbs and I am taking it there this week to get installed. I've read people here say their bars weren't shipped with all the pieces needed for the installation. Is that a common issue or should everything needed be in the box with the bar? Thank you.
My handlebar did not come with the top cap. I'm not sure it's suppose to. It did come with spacers, but I just used the spacer that came with the Conceal stem.

neostocovick

by neostocovick

johnpuga1982 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:06 pm
neostocovick wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:23 pm
My handlebar did not come with the top cap. I'm not sure it's suppose to. It did come with spacers, but I just used the spacer that came with the Conceal stem.
Thank you. Did you have to order the top cap from Cannondale?

Did it come with the pink delta fillers?

johnpuga1982

by johnpuga1982

neostocovick wrote: Thank you. Did you have to order the top cap from Cannondale?

Did it come with the pink delta fillers?
I ordered the top cap from Cannondale Spares prior to the momo bar being released. I had considered the Vision handle bars, so I ordered the set just incase. The momo bar did come with the pink fillers.

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Supersix evo EF models. 5.999 euros.
Available 4/2024 and 6/2024.
Nice pictures from Flanders model.
Not mentioned are these Lab71 models (probably yes?) painted in EF colors
or himods

https://www.cannondale-parts.de/epages/ ... 1082U30-56

edit: it is Lab71 (serie 0 carbon)

and also a new color

https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... 11082U2044

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

Loving the new changeout colour scheme
Attachments
C24_C11082U_LAB71_SuperSix_EVO_AM_Frm_RBX_D5.jpg

tubadave

by tubadave

Anyone have a source for the aero bottles that came with the SSE4? I can't seem to find them in stock online or locally. I'm hoping they aren't being discontinued, as I quite like them.

cobc11

by cobc11

tubadave wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:14 pm
Anyone have a source for the aero bottles that came with the SSE4? I can't seem to find them in stock online or locally. I'm hoping they aren't being discontinued, as I quite like them.
Looks like Cannondale is just waiting for a restock. Dealer site shows a big batch set to arrive in June. Great bottle with very nice squeezablity. Free watts are always apprecaited too.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Decided against a barstem and went with the enve aero bar. Still would prefer a -10° stem though.
Will get a 0mm offset seatpost and different bottle cages and then its good to go

ridenfish39

by ridenfish39

eins4eins wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:20 pm
Decided against a barstem and went with the enve aero bar. Still would prefer a -10° stem though.
Will get a 0mm offset seatpost and different bottle cages and then its good to go

Looks great!
FWIW, I've had the 0 degree Hylix post for a while now. Even at the 4.5 NM torque settings they require, I'm not getting any slippage or creaking. 165ish lbs

tyoac

by tyoac

Very cool! What's the weight on yours? :)
I had the first ride with mine today and we were on a very similar plan it looks like - bought an Evo 4 as well and only kept the frameset whilst putting on a Dura Ace groupset with SRAM Red crank arms and a spider powermeter, 50mm Farsports Hypers, Pro Vibe Aero Superlight handle bars and PD-ES600 pedals (for now). Have yet to cut the fork but the scale put it to 7.05kg which is pretty decent for a size 56 I'd say (with pedals, the Conceal Garmin mount and Elite Leggero bottle cages). Sub 7 and close to UCI limit or even below definitely doable with something like Avian Falcons, lighter pedals, cut fork and the Hylix seatpost.

Thecyclistcy

by Thecyclistcy

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my SuperSix Evo 4 to Shimano Ultegra DI2 R8100. I tried to remove the DI2 battery but it seems to be stuck, does anyone have a solution for that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Thecyclistcy wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:24 pm
Hey guys, I recently upgraded my SuperSix Evo 4 to Shimano Ultegra DI2 R8100. I tried to remove the DI2 battery but it seems to be stuck, does anyone have a solution for that?
Eh, there supposed to be cable connected to the batteries which you can pull to get the battery off.
Is it not there? Maybe spray silicone lube down there.