Di2 Cheat Sheets are here!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nick38

by Nick38

Hi guys, I seem to have an issue with an R9250 RD connecting it to my Garmin 1040. I have a couple of bikes set up with this model RD without issue, so I'm fitting this new one to a new build, it syncs fine with the rest of the components and shifts etc but when it comes to connecting to the Garmin it causes the Garmin to turn off then on again and off and it won't stop until I remove power from the RD!

Any ideas? :noidea:

Agent041

by Agent041

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:18 am
For #2, check out this webpage. I'd suggest you remove the ring to avoid any potential issues. https://bettershifting.com/12-speed-dan ... cillation/

For #3, even new bikes come with bent hangers. It's not so much the hanger that is bent, but rather the interface between the bike's dropout and the hanger varies from bike to bike. The hanger is there to act as an adjustment that makes the RD parallel. If you don't own a hanger alignment tool, chances are none of your bikes have straight hangers. I've worked on many bikes for friends, too many to count. Only one bike came to my garage with a straight hanger.
There is no wobble in the cassette.

If the deraileur would be bent, then I would always have problem in a specific gear, but in my case it is random.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Agent041 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:53 pm
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:18 am
For #2, check out this webpage. I'd suggest you remove the ring to avoid any potential issues. https://bettershifting.com/12-speed-dan ... cillation/

For #3, even new bikes come with bent hangers. It's not so much the hanger that is bent, but rather the interface between the bike's dropout and the hanger varies from bike to bike. The hanger is there to act as an adjustment that makes the RD parallel. If you don't own a hanger alignment tool, chances are none of your bikes have straight hangers. I've worked on many bikes for friends, too many to count. Only one bike came to my garage with a straight hanger.
There is no wobble in the cassette.

If the deraileur would be bent, then I would always have problem in a specific gear, but in my case it is random.
Take a look at this thread. If you care enough about solving your issue then it's prudent to check it. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=174618

Agent041

by Agent041

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:31 pm
Take a look at this thread. If you care enough about solving your issue then it's prudent to check it. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=174618
Beleive me, I want to try everything, but in this thread the person had issues always in specific gear. Mine so random. Sometimes it is insecond, then fifth, then eight, then third,...

Also when shifting double, it always shifts "normal". Meaning that as I would actually press longer (which I am not). And when shifting back later on, it goes normaly one gear easier and not trying to go double back. And I can shift and counting strokes back to easiest gear. That alone tells me that it cannot be bent hanger.

milanv

by milanv

Agent041 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:13 pm
TerryDi2C wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:01 am
Does it only happen when shifting to a harder gear?

Besides checking that the derailleur hanger is straight and everything is indexed OK, I would also change the top/hood button setting to shift the RD to a harder gear.

See if the problem still occurs when you use the hood button to shift instead of the button you're using now. If the problem goes away, I'd probably open up the button (~2 screws and 4 tiny springs) and check whether things have moved out of place.
It only happens when shifting to harder gears, but when quickly then shift back, sometimes it also shifts two gears in lower gear. But this is very rarely.
Will try the hood button.

For now, I updated the components. But unfortunatelly I could not update the left and right shifter. As I updated other components, I did not see that for shifters it was not saying that needs updating. And after update, I clicked for left and then right shifter, and then said update is available. But the "update all" button was not active. And I could not choose seperate shifter for update. The click on seperate shifter gve me only the choice to se the update details. Also could not sellect on the small dot in the right side.
OMG, update shifters wireless?
https://bettershifting.com/installation ... ft-levers/

Agent041

by Agent041

milanv wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:26 am
OMG, update shifters wireless?
https://bettershifting.com/installation ... ft-levers/
Am going to the bike shop today and get the shifters updated. Do not even have extra cabel and it would be to fidly for the home setup. But is definatly a good hack

Agent041

by Agent041

Agent041 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:10 pm
I have a strange problem and hope this is the topic for it.

I have couple of months old Di2 Ultegra 12speed. The bike is TCR Pro. And everything was fine till last ride. And on todays it was even worse. Sometimes when I shift into harder gear, the rear deraileur shift 2 gears into harder gear, and not just once. And the shifter press was very soft/easy. So it should definately shift only 1 gear. And not more (as when pressing for longer). This only hapens about once on 10 or 15 shifts. And no specific gear in the back.

The only diferance for these 2 rides are, that it was colder. Around 0 degrees. I am performing update through the app right now. But I am sure that before the bike was sent to me, that it was updated as well.

Can anyone tell me, if this is common problem, and how to solve it? My next ride will be in several days, so I will not know, if updating will solve the problem.
Today I did my first ride after the shifters were updated. Unfortunatelly the problem is not solved. Still having some problems with "double gear change" into harder gear after shifting. But previously it was in lets say once in 10-20 clicks. But today it was in lets say once every 50-100 clicks. It was couple of degrees warmer. Maybe it is weather influenced? And first "double shift" was about 30minutes into the ride. Can someone confirm that their Di2 12speed is working perfectly even in low temperatures? (around zero and below zero degrees).

If it would be better because of upgrade, then it should have solved everything. But it still does this occasionally. And as said, I have exclude every other possibility. Cassette is OK, and no wobbling. Indexing is perfect. Derauller hanger is OK,...

It remains a mistery. Any other ideas anybody?

Vjl

by Vjl

Be sure B screw is adjusted correctley, for your casette size

Agent041

by Agent041

Vjl wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:43 pm
Be sure B screw is adjusted correctley, for your casette size
Should be, as is the original cassette. And it worked perfectly for months

TLa

by TLa

I'm ordering my new bike next week. It'll come with the Dura Ace groupset (disc brake). I want to get the shifters connected wired. When the shifters are wired to the system, do they need the little batteries or can I remove them?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

You can do both. I recall if the wire is disconnected by accident during a ride, in a few seconds the system will use wireless as a backup, and you could carry on your ride.

TLa

by TLa

Nice.

Thanks.

PFoxy

by PFoxy

I have a question about my new 12 Speed Ultegra. It shifts lightning fast except for the 3-4 hardest gears. I dont understand why but sometimes it takes up to a second and a half until it shifts to the hardest or the second hardest gear. On other occasions it shifts fast even in those gears...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: just checked the bike in the bikestand and on the stand it shifts immediately also the harder gears... weird :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Agent041

by Agent041

PFoxy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:07 pm
I have a question about my new 12 Speed Ultegra. It shifts lightning fast except for the 3-4 hardest gears. I dont understand why but sometimes it takes up to a second and a half until it shifts to the hardest or the second hardest gear. On other occasions it shifts fast even in those gears...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: just checked the bike in the bikestand and on the stand it shifts immediately also the harder gears... weird :noidea:
You probably still need to index the gears to that side which is harder to go. Even if other shifts are OK. Try it, and if it will not fix it, you just simply go back to original setting. I had the same issue with my mechanical gears. And loosening the cables helped. Even if all other gears were super quick to change.