Giant Propel 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

GrassQ wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:30 am
Some Propel weights MY23

Blue advanced frame size ML, frame 1.225 g, with derailleur hangers and bottle cage bolts, without those 1.200 g estimate
fork 450 g "almost" uncut and seatpost about 195 g (my own measurements)

Orion nebula advanced frame size ML, frame 1211 g, uncut fork 470 g, seatpost 195 g (my own measurements)
Tour 1195/491

Advanced SL Jayco Alula team color my23 , ML frame 975 g (isp system) , fork uncut 411 g (Tour magazin), isp seat clamp 100 g ? I dont know the weight
Damn, those Advanced weights are heavier than I would have expected.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Yes. A Little bit in heavy side, but imo in line with most of the others
Advanced Pro ML frame is somewhere 1.070 g (carbon/matte lookalikes).

Agent041

by Agent041

With Giant, as far as I know, the specs and weight for Advanced and Advanced Pro are the same. At least it is so with TCR. Probably then also with Propel. The differance is only in the fork.

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Yes, diffrent fork. Its maybe the paint, all the measured advanced frames I know: one tour magazin and 2 my own. 1200 g +- frame.
I have not weigted advanced pro frames, but M and ML are mentioned somewhere here. M 1.020 and ML 1.070, about

coverstem

by coverstem

The fantastic 4 integrated bar for Giant Propel plug & play:

-Cadex (only for pro team)
-EXS Aerover
-Pro vibe Evo
-Bigrock Skyline
Attachments
IMG_7461.jpeg

bobones

by bobones

coverstem wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:33 am

-EXS Aerover
-Pro vibe Evo
-Bigrock Skyline
I was wondering about exactly this the other day. Thanks for posting. What is your personal preference?

The Pro Vibe Evo seems to be the most generally available, but it's a bit of an ugly mofo imo. Perhaps it's a grower.

Do these all come with bearing covers and spacers that transition nicely with the Propel frame?

coverstem

by coverstem

bobones wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:43 pm
coverstem wrote:

-EXS Aerover
-Pro vibe Evo
-Bigrock Skyline
I was wondering about exactly this the other day. Thanks for posting. What is your personal preference?

The Pro Vibe Evo seems to be the most generally available, but it's a bit of an ugly mofo imo. Perhaps it's a grower.

Do these all come with bearing covers and spacers that transition nicely with the Propel frame?
Bigrock Skyline quality/price

K4m1k4z3

by K4m1k4z3

What's the availability on MY24 Propel look like in your countries? Yesterday I was asking on behalf of a customer - we don't normally carry Giant but we're on good terms with the distributor. I was quoted MAYBE June for the ADV PRO 0 M/L by them and not to give it much chances. =/
This is EU btw.
'24 S-Works Tarmac SL8 RTP - soon™
'22 Tarmac SL7 Expert | Ultegra R8100 | Alpinist CL / Custom Rapide CLX 2x60
'19 Diverge E5 Comp
'18 Epic HT Comp Carbon WMN
'18 TCR Adv Pro 1 Disc

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

K4m1k4z3 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:17 am
What's the availability on MY24 Propel look like in your countries? Yesterday I was asking on behalf of a customer - we don't normally carry Giant but we're on good terms with the distributor. I was quoted MAYBE June for the ADV PRO 0 M/L by them and not to give it much chances. =/
This is EU btw.
My store in Germany carries some stock (at least on display)
I was only interested in a frameset so can't provide anymore details.
Giant takes about three weeks to supply a replacement fork because on my the diameter was not consistently correct (and had some voids)

Maddie

by Maddie

I picked up my Propel advanced pro frame today. Size M in black with green/purple logos. Bare frame without any hardware weighs 988g. Giant claims 940g without paint for a size M. I should know about that in 3-4 weeks. Will post pics of the sanded frame.

toster

by toster

bobones wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:43 pm
coverstem wrote:

-EXS Aerover
-Pro vibe Evo
-Bigrock Skyline

I have recently bought my own propel advanced and I was looking for a cockpit upgrade as I'd like something lighter and narrower than stock stem/handlebar combo. I was thinking about Canyon CP0030 Cockpit but I'm not sure if that's gonna work well with propel cable routing. Did anyone try this combo?

RDY

by RDY

Giant dealer told me the Cadex bar is some way off but will probably retail at between €8-900.

MennoG

by MennoG

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide if the price difference between the Propel advanced 1 and the Advanced pro is worth the money. Biggest differences are the wheels & fork, am I right? Anyone with experience with both wheelsets?

Thanks!

bobones

by bobones

Tempted by the new Propel SL frameset, which can be had for around for £3.3k. Not sure about the paint job though, and there aren't many photos out there. Has anyone seen this colour (Blue Dragonfly) in the flesh?

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/prope ... meset-2024

I've already picked up a bargain Red AXS groupset, and with Bigrock skyline bars and Craft wheels, this could be a relatively cheap (£6k ish), light (7kg?), aero/all-round weapon?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GrassQ

by GrassQ

I also considired that. Havent see it in flesh.
Found these pictures giant ss2 concept store.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=922 ... 5923180014