EXS Aerover Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lunn

by Lunn

It's about that time to post an update on my personal experience with the EXS Aerover!

If you told me these were only 450$, I thought you'd be lying. They're that good! Thank you to Billy and the EXS team for creating an awesome (and affordable) product.
Hope they continue their innovation and expand further towards the western market!

alanyu

by alanyu

StiffWeenies wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:24 pm
Aeo wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:18 pm
When and how will the BLKTEC L8 be available?
Can't speak for the new L8 but I was part of a group buy for a frameset using the R8 and let's just say that Trigon's production delays (OEM of BLKTEC) set us back quite a bit

Great product but absolute nightmare to deal with because the factory will always prioritize orders from big brands
I tried emailing Trigon about their new AR01R, but neverv got response :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Agent041

by Agent041

Lunn wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:20 pm
It's about that time to post an update on my personal experience with the EXS Aerover!

If you told me these were only 450$, I thought you'd be lying. They're that good! Thank you to Billy and the EXS team for creating an awesome (and affordable) product.
Hope they continue their innovation and expand further towards the western market!
I understand that they are stiff. But have nothing heard regarding comfort riding over bumps and potholes. How are these in comfort on very harsh roads?

Lunn

by Lunn

Agent041 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 am
I understand that they are stiff. But have nothing heard regarding comfort riding over bumps and potholes. How are these in comfort on very harsh roads?
I'm afraid I don't have much experience with potholes, they ain't a thing here really. Bumps they feel just fine, I haven't had any issues with any soreness or weird shocks to my hands going over speed bumps etc. Absolutely fantastic product.

Agent041

by Agent041

Lunn wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:07 pm
Agent041 wrote:
I'm afraid I don't have much experience with potholes, they ain't a thing here really. Bumps they feel just fine, I haven't had any issues with any soreness or weird shocks to my hands going over speed bumps etc. Absolutely fantastic product.
Can someone else share their experiance with these on bumps and potholes?

I am actually thinking on getting these for my gravel bike, as it is also my winter road bike at the same time. And on road I would definatelly need something like this for my steep climbing.

But am wondering if lowering the front tyre pressure a bit, would be enougf to replace the stifness.

Noro

by Noro

Agent041 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:12 pm
Lunn wrote:
Agent041 wrote:

I am actually thinking on getting these for my gravel bike, as it is also my winter road bike at the same time. And on road I would definatelly need something like this for my steep climbing.

But am wondering if lowering the front tyre pressure a bit, would be enougf to replace the stifness.
Its fine, I mean I was riding two weeks ago in a 5km section full of potholes an cracked road on a abandoned pass between two villages in Germany. There's no cockpit, handlebar/stem combination is going to help you. Also I did light gravel with it and its fine, its good. EXS is not stiff, there is a very very little flex in the drops. Although I am a 65kg rider.

gloscherrybomb

by gloscherrybomb

There's no reason to build compliance in to a bar imho. Stiffer the better. Manage comfort through tyres or bar tape.

Agent041

by Agent041

gloscherrybomb wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:55 pm
There's no reason to build compliance in to a bar imho. Stiffer the better. Manage comfort through tyres or bar tape.
Exactly what I am counting on. When doing gravel rides, I will just simply lower few PSI infront tyre. If needed.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Noro wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:53 pm
Agent041 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:12 pm
Lunn wrote:
Agent041 wrote:

Its fine, I mean I was riding two weeks ago in a 5km section full of potholes an cracked road on a abandoned pass between two villages in Germany. There's no cockpit, handlebar/stem combination is going to help you. Also I did light gravel with it and its fine, its good. EXS is not stiff, there is a very very little flex in the drops. Although I am a 65kg rider.
Why do you say it's not stiff and there is very very little flex. Seems a bit contradictory.

I wonder why exs doesn't also allow pre orders for their bars and go with the "surprise drops" approach, or am I missing something?

toxin

by toxin

Easier, they are under no obligation to deliver

gloscherrybomb

by gloscherrybomb

Eterna7m wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:41 pm

Why do you say it's not stiff and there is very very little flex. Seems a bit contradictory.

I wonder why exs doesn't also allow pre orders for their bars and go with the "surprise drops" approach, or am I missing something?
They said 'there is a little flex"

Pre orders would make no sense unless they need to fund manufacturing, which doesn't seem to be the case. Everything they make they immediately sell.

milanv

by milanv

Any news about availability?
Out of stock several weeks at the moment.

Maddie

by Maddie

Best to check their Insta stories daily for availability. You need to be fast and I don't think that will change in the next coming weeks/months. They have a very popular product with a fair price.

milanv

by milanv

Maddie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:26 pm
Best to check their Insta stories daily for availability. You need to be fast and I don't think that will change in the next coming weeks/months. They have a very popular product with a fair price.
Thank you, I will check it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

They've stocked the 400-130 without an insta story.
Hm, I wanted go for a 380-130 cause I'm currently using a 370 flared and I really like it.