Elilee XXE Crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

Probably you need to wait about their chainline info.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

spartan wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:25 pm
what i mean is that can you just swap out shimano cranks or do i need to buy a new BB
If Elilee seems to have same axle diameter as Shimano (24mm). Then you only look at (possible spacers to fit the BB, as to compensate for axle width).
If you go for a 30mm axle, you need a BB which allows for 30mm bearings (42*30*7mm) Or a BB which uses 41*30*7.
Or if you already have a BB with this kind of bearings and your Shimano crank is fitted with an adapter to fit these kind of bearings?

BB is no big deal to replace. There are rather cheap well working BB's aswell as premium BB's costing very much.

Let's say your Shimano crank uses these, to fit with a 30mm bearing BB. Then you can use a 30mm axle crank without changing BB.
wheels-innenlager-adapter-fur-24mm-hollowtech2-kurbel-in-sram-pf30-rahmen.jpg
wheels-innenlager-adapter-fur-24mm-hollowtech2-kurbel-in-sram-pf30-rahmen.jpg (15.46 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

patliean1

by patliean1

Hey Yall - I am currently running Magene's PES P505 Base Power Meter (+crank arms and chain rings). Shimano 24mm spindle and BB.

Is Elilee's XXE crankset (24mm titanium spindle) compatible with this setup, or will I need to also purchase a new spider power meter? (XCadey/Power2Max). I'm assuming the design of Elielee's cranks are too wide/thick. I also still have my original Shimano chainrings. Thanks!
Attachments
Tavelo-Attack-Web-5.jpg

Wai8

by Wai8

patliean1 wrote:Hey Yall - I am currently running Magene's PES P505 Base Power Meter (+crank arms and chain rings). Shimano 24mm spindle and BB.

Is Elilee's XXE crankset (24mm titanium spindle) compatible with this setup, or will I need to also purchase a new spider power meter? (XCadey/Power2Max). I'm assuming the design of Elielee's cranks are too wide/thick. I also still have my original Shimano chainrings. Thanks!
The spider is a different fitting, I’ve got the Magene power meter also and was looking just swapping over the power spider but it’s not the same fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

patliean1 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:41 pm
Hey Yall - I am currently running Magene's PES P505 Base Power Meter (+crank arms and chain rings). Shimano 24mm spindle and BB.

Yea, I have that same Magene combo and unfortunately, it doesn't work with pretty much any other cranks (perhaps designed that way). I believe the Elilee use a Cinch attachment mount. So Easton or Raceface.

toxin

by toxin

Magene spider interface for p505 base is completely proprietary, it's pretty easy to tell from the photos they won't fit

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

spartan wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:59 pm
this crankset is targeted at shimano users who are upset how heavy dura-ace/ultegra chainsets weigh.
That would be me, precisely.

RDY

by RDY

I'll be interested to see how the new locking and preload rings play out, and whether the X-Novanta will be updated.

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

They are saying spring availability, correct?

Any advance word on expected pricing?

rhs2z

by rhs2z

alanyu wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 pm
The new 24 is still Ti spindle, with a thinner wall but keeping nearly 24 mm OD instead of shrinking to 20. It will be stiffer but less strength (from overkill to more than enough strength)
In the skypivot thread, there was discussion of the compromises in stiffness with a titanium spindle.

Can anyone offer input on how this new trecento crank, which keeps the OD at 24mm, might compare in stiffness to skypivot's offering? And what about, say, good old DA? (I have a hard time justifying a compromise in stiffness for the weight savings here.)

alanyu

by alanyu

rhs2z wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:24 am
alanyu wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 pm
The new 24 is still Ti spindle, with a thinner wall but keeping nearly 24 mm OD instead of shrinking to 20. It will be stiffer but less strength (from overkill to more than enough strength)
In the skypivot thread, there was discussion of the compromises in stiffness with a titanium spindle.

Can anyone offer input on how this new trecento crank, which keeps the OD at 24mm, might compare in stiffness to skypivot's offering? And what about, say, good old DA? (I have a hard time justifying a compromise in stiffness for the weight savings here.)
Incolor and Elilee have different testing protocols, where they each claim that their own crankset is stiffer than the other's.

From what I can feel, the Skypivot 30 mm gen 1 (which failed) is less comfort than R9100, as my feet got much more vibration from the road, though I can't tell any difference during a sprint (I'm weak at sprint). Also, I can't tell any difference between Elilee 24 mm gen 1 and R9100. I'm pretty sure the stiffness (sprint performance) between them are beyond what 99% rider can tell.

toxin

by toxin

Yes, differences in spindle stiffness are beyond the realm of what human bodies are capable of. If there is a percievable difference in crank stiffness, it's all coming from the crankarms
Last edited by toxin on Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhs2z

by rhs2z

alanyu wrote:
Incolor and Elilee have different testing protocols, where they each claim that their own crankset is stiffer than the other's.

From what I can feel, the Skypivot 30 mm gen 1 (which failed) is less comfort than R9100, as my feet got much more vibration from the road, though I can't tell any difference during a sprint (I'm weak at sprint). Also, I can't tell any difference between Elilee 24 mm gen 1 and R9100. I'm pretty sure the stiffness (sprint performance) between them are beyond what 99% rider can tell.
Thanks. I am not a sprinter either, never north of 1200. Would you recommend either skypivot or elilee (24mm Ti) over the other, given that you have tried both?
--
Hmm. When testing or renting different bikes, sometimes the pedaling has felt "spongy" or "a slog" (which is almost unbearable to me haha). I have long had the intuitive sense that this correlated with differences in cranksets. But I haven't systematically tested a single frame with different cranksets. So maybe those feelings had some other cause. Thanks for the input.

alanyu

by alanyu

rhs2z wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:08 pm
alanyu wrote:

Thanks. I am not a sprinter either, never north of 1200. Would you recommend either skypivot or elilee (24mm Ti) over the other, given that you have tried both?
--
Hmm. When testing or renting different bikes, sometimes the pedaling has felt "spongy" or "a slog" (which is almost unbearable to me haha). I have long had the intuitive sense that this correlated with differences in cranksets. But I haven't systematically tested a single frame with different cranksets. So maybe those feelings had some other cause. Thanks for the input.
Both (current available version) are good IMO given that no failure due to the design/manufacture/QC so far. It depends more on weight, price, and the most importantly, aesthetics. Pick one look best on your bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com