Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

208 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:39 pm
Reading about all the quality issues really makes me wonder when Spain actually beat Germany.
I think you actually answered just that!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeiviX

by DeiviX

StephanDoubleU wrote:
DeiviX wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:07 pm
bratz wrote:Anyone knows how to contact Darimo apart from info@darimo.eu? Have emailed them to request a change for my seatpost order from 15mm to 0mm offset but have not receive any reply.
Hello, send me a private message with your order information, the changes you want to make and I will try to manage it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Hi DeiviX
You sent me 2 messages about my seat post. Unfortunately I can't reply to you. How can I still contact you?

Regards
Stephan
You have a new MP

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Darimo nexum AERO bar

90 kg MAX system weight = rider + bike + luggage

I feel I will die by just looking 90kg max. Still I see people buy these components. Do people not care?

https://r2-bike.com/DARIMO-CARBON-Stem- ... e-6-380-mm

GT3RS

by GT3RS

Despite your misgivings about the sturdiness of the Nexum drag bar (I'm 63kg) I ordered and paid for one as well as a seatpost for my dogma on October the 24th last year. So far not a word from Darimo about delivery, imagine my delight when I opened this link and saw the exact bar I ordered in stock at R2. When Spain beats Germany my arse.

EdSawyer

by EdSawyer

Buy at r2 and cancel the other order?

velov

by velov

EdSawyer wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:24 am
Buy at r2 and cancel the other order?
Why support a company that doesn't care about it's customers?

mickmania

by mickmania

GT3RS wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:20 pm
Despite your misgivings about the sturdiness of the Nexum drag bar (I'm 63kg) I ordered and paid for one as well as a seatpost for my dogma on October the 24th last year. So far not a word from Darimo about delivery, imagine my delight when I opened this link and saw the exact bar I ordered in stock at R2. When Spain beats Germany my arse.
Same for me & I ordered first week of November. Was told 6 weeks and now I'm at 18 weeks with no updates at all. Obviously Darimo lies about estimated delivery times when I placed the order, they know how many orders they need to fulfill and how long it takes to create and send per bar.
But again that's what you get with a Spanish company, they are known for being lazy workers.

polpy

by polpy

mickmania wrote:
GT3RS wrote:
Same for me & I ordered first week of November. Was told 6 weeks and now I'm at 18 weeks with no updates at all. Obviously Darimo lies about estimated delivery times when I placed the order, they know how many orders they need to fulfill and how long it takes to create and send per bar.
But again that's what you get with a Spanish company, they are known for being lazy workers.
I would not call them lazy, i guess it just got over his head and now he (darimo) thinks he does not need to keep his customers informed because as we all know, he beat the germans ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Maybe they need some proper competition. They offer unique products that no other company makes especially when it comes to the proprietary seatposts.
Without competition they can do whatever they want.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Don't worry, there's some competition coming very soon... For seatposts at least.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

cjcool

by cjcool

ryanw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:27 am
Don't worry, there's some competition coming very soon... For seatposts at least.
From an established brand or a new one?
Standert Kreissäge RS 60 cm - 7,51 kg

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Established
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

EdSawyer

by EdSawyer

Is there anywhere else or anyone else making adapters to mate the Nexum drag with the tarmac sl7? I ordered the one from Darimo directly ($25+$25 shipping) and also sent an email to magcad but have not heard back from them. I am hoping it doesn't turn into an interminable wait for the transition spacer/headset cover...

nunokas

by nunokas

mickmania wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:58 am
GT3RS wrote:
That's a damn fine level of bigotry here.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

nunokas wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:05 pm
mickmania wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:58 am
GT3RS wrote:
That's a damn fine level of bigotry here.
Not really, but 'lazy' isn't the right word. I have now lived and worked in Spain for 6 years and I love the people and the country. But where they fall down is customer service. It just is not like other countries.
It's not 'the customer is always right' here, it's 'we're always right, and tough s&*t if you don't like it.

I had some Assos shorts rip at the crotch after 1 ride. The LBS gave me a very hard time over it, but after 2 months I got a replacement. These also ripped after 1 ride (I've had like 30 cycle shorts over 20 years and all been fine). This time they basically told me to take a running jump. It was my fault / problem.

I had some American friends here give up and go back home because they couldn't handle it. I think my company does well because we DO offer good customer service.

It's a shame because at the prices they charge, they should be able to offer great customer service, but also invest and expand production. I don't have much confidence in ordering from them, not knowing when it would arrive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com