Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

GT3RS wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:04 am
Predictably after moaning on here about the epic wait for my Nexum bars a couple of days ago they have turned up (after some chunky customs charges) along with my Dogma F seatpost. The post looks pretty good and comes in at just 106g for 300mm in a 0 setback, the bars a pretty impressive 205g for 360 x 100mm. The finish of both seems quite good compared to some of the pictures that Ryan has posted previously.
Is the Nexum bar width measured from center to center at the hoods? And what computer mounts are compatible with this bar?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT3RS

by GT3RS

First outing for the Dogma with it's Darimo goodies. A saving of 88 + 147g over the stock seatpost and bars. The bars seem pretty sturdy though the seat post feels a little flexible when twisting the saddle (found out by accident when torquing bolts down) - in use I didn't notice anything. I'm only using a stock 5mm spacer and the Darimo transition spacer which is about 5mm, because the bars have a small stack (34mm) I'll have to cut the steerer really short. Bars have a different shape to the Most ones but I'm sure I'll get used to it, the 36cm width at the hoods is only 15mm or so narrower than the Pinarello ones which they call 42cm (outside to outside at the end of the drops). I'm just using a canyon lollipop shaped computer mount until a Darimo one arrives.
Attachments
IMG_0334.jpeg
IMG_0335.jpeg

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

that dogma is beautiful

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

Anyone order their Darimo stuff via R2-bike?

I chose them as they remove VAT for UK orders and I expect I'm getting charged for import duty and VAT into the UK no matter where I order from.

Just wondering how accurate the delivery estimate was

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

I'll have to get Mabel out in the wild for a few pics but here's her with the Darimo Bars and Post
5940 with the big heavy 65's on her . I'll see if Ethel will lend her some shoes .
Attachments
IMG_6966.jpeg
IMG_6965.jpeg

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Knedragon27 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 am
I'll have to get Mabel out in the wild for a few pics but here's her with the Darimo Bars and Post
5940 with the big heavy 65's on her . I'll see if Ethel will lend her some shoes .
Jesus.... the way you talk about bikes, I think you should've gotten the Madone :lol:

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

You must be talking about Black Betty 😎
Attachments
IMG_3163.jpeg

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I mean the new one with a hole in its rear

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

brilliant

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am
They don't offer a rim brake version :noidea:

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i think i am done dealing with darimo. 2 months i have been waiting for the tarmac seatpost. email response only occurs on darimo's timeline. if you have to have darimo, it is better to go to a shop that has it rather than trying to deal with darimo directly.

Co0kieMonster

by Co0kieMonster

mike wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:37 pm
i think i am done dealing with darimo. 2 months i have been waiting for the tarmac seatpost. email response only occurs on darimo's timeline. if you have to have darimo, it is better to go to a shop that has it rather than trying to deal with darimo directly.
Unfortunately, I have to confirm this and Rhino's assessment of Darimo's latest quality. The finish of my Tarmac SL7 seatpost was disappointing.
I still cannot believe how they handle orders in 2024. It can't be that hard to establish an online shop with some kind of "additional info" field for specific orders.

EdSawyer

by EdSawyer

I think the idea of dealing with a shop that has the product in stock is in wise advice. I get all my darimo stuff from r2. Mostly because I've heard the horror stories of trying to get it directly and the delays.

That said, product quality has been pretty good overall in my opinion. I just got a set of the Nexum drag cockpit and fit and finish was excellent. Weight was spot on, 218 g for 38/100/-6/6 in matte UD.

charirider

by charirider

ryanw wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:54 pm
As a UK supplier, I've given up with Darimo.

Quality is atrocious now, voids and bubbles in the layup, seatposts being shipped with even being drilled, or drilled in the wrong position.

I've had 9 Tarmac SL8 posts from them, and every single one has needed chopping or drilling.

Such a shame since a couple of years ago their QC was much better and they actually replied to emails.

Thankfully Gemini shall be starting production on lightweight road components in the next couple of months, so they shall be my go-to for my builds.

And please don't think I'm being picky, I've been as fair as I can be with thousands of pounds worth of components I've purchased from them over the past 3 years. But enough is enough.

I wish them all the best and that they can turn their ship around, because if they don't, as many global suppliers have testified to myself, they'll be out of business in the not too distant future.
This is nuts... worse than Zipp rims QC
lol
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.8kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.6kg

refthimos

by refthimos

EdSawyer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:23 pm
I think the idea of dealing with a shop that has the product in stock is in wise advice. I get all my darimo stuff from r2. Mostly because I've heard the horror stories of trying to get it directly and the delays.
Pretty sure I'm gonna set a record with my Nexum Drag bar. Ordered Nov 8 and still waiting. The issue seems to have been that Darimo took my order, including an adapter for the SuperSix Evo4, without having the Cannondale adapter in hand. But they got their hands on the part they needed about a month ago, and still waiting.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com