Which Oakley lens (Jawbreaker) for the UK

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cerro

by cerro

Used clear lenses but after I tried Prizm Low Light I'm always using them in darkness. Seems a bit better in some way. So Low light in dark and Road in daylight :)

TonyM

by TonyM

cerro wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Used clear lenses but after I tried Prizm Low Light I'm always using them in darkness. Seems a bit better in some way. So Low light in dark and Road in daylight :)
Thanks for the feedback on these Prizm Low Light!

Which one do you take forthe cloudy-to-rain or rainy days?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IchDien

by IchDien

cerro wrote:
Good feedback, thanks. Now if only I could find an EU supplier that only sold the lenses...Also seen as they're new, they seem to be priced similar to the photocrhomic which is on discount. Is it therefore stupid to buy the low light which has a much lesser usabilty? :|

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

The Prizm Low Light lens looks like it is now available to be ordered on the Oakley USA website, so hopefully it will become available more widely soon.

I hope they expand the number of models that it is available for as I am a fan of it and would love to get one for my Radarlocks also.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

IchDien

by IchDien

Right now I think it'd be great if a mod made a permanent "Sunglasses lens questions" thread as there seem to be two concurrant threads basically asking the same thing.

izza

by izza

IchDien wrote:
cerro wrote:
Good feedback, thanks. Now if only I could find an EU supplier that only sold the lenses...Also seen as they're new, they seem to be priced similar to the photocrhomic which is on discount. Is it therefore stupid to buy the low light which has a much lesser usabilty? :|
OVG in Belgium did have an offer for two lenses - one dark and one light - for IIRC £75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK421

by TK421

UK rider here. I've had my Oakley Radar Lock Path for quite some time/years. They came with 2 lenses - the Polarised Iridium (most expensive lens from the range if i remember correctly) and the clear lens. I kept switching them depending on the riding conditions, however last year when I was in Canada I had a stroll in a shopping mall and bought the Photochromic lens becase they were cheaper out there. They're polarised too and change depending on the lighting conditions - perfect for evening rides and cloudy days or when the weather is somewhat temperamental.
Last week I bought a new pair of Oakley Radar EV Path with 2 pairs of prizm polarized lens as I found that getting replacement lens for the older Radar Lock Path was becoming quite difficult and expensive. In other words I've kept my older Radar Lock Path permanently fixed with the Photochromic lens for cloudy days and evening rides and the new EV pair for the sunny days. This way I don't have to change lens so often and potentially scratch them around the points of contact with the frame (which happens after fair amount of use & interchange with lens). If I have to chose one lens for the whole winter though, I would probably go for the Photochromic one because of the versatility.

cerro

by cerro

TonyM wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:40 pm
cerro wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on these Prizm Low Light!

Which one do you take forthe cloudy-to-rain or rainy days?
Haven't been using the Low light for so long but my standard is prizm road even for rain. Or Prizm snow I got on my Windjackets ;)

TonyM

by TonyM

cerro wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 pm
Haven't been using the Low light for so long but my standard is prizm road even for rain. Or Prizm snow I got on my Windjackets ;)
Will you keep using the Prizm oad for the rain or will you prefer to use the Prizm low light when raining?

1415chris

by 1415chris

For those looking for lighter lenses for overcast, cloudy days I would recommend trying Prizm Trail.
I have Prizm Ruby and Road, with light transmission of 17% and 20% respectively and was looking for lenses with higher transparency.
I was considering prizm low light but with its 75% light transmission they seemed to be too big jump from 20% of Road.
Just got Trail lenses (37%) and they are brilliant. Grey, not too dark day today. These lenses make sunshine effect, really cool. Very funny feeling when I tried to find the blue sky where the sun would shine through :)
Didn't expect this as I was thinking they would be like Road, just brighter.
Low light lenses, imo, would be good for really low light riding circumstances. But of coure its very subjective.

cerro

by cerro

TonyM wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 am
cerro wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 pm
Will you keep using the Prizm oad for the rain or will you prefer to use the Prizm low light when raining?
Prizm road in daytime for sure. Prefer a darker lens as long as I don't need a clear one.