Help Me Shaving some weight from my Colnago C60 50S, MFRD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moonoi

by moonoi

The Zipp Titanium skewers are decently light and have a strong clamping mechanism, I use them on my Madone 9 and not had any issues.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

The tune are actually top! I use these for years. The AC and DC models.

3Pio

by 3Pio

redna12 wrote:I recommend Extralite HyperStem and CarbonTi X-Cap carbon black. You will lose a lot of weight.

I just oredered Kalloy Uno 7 Stem, and i'll order Ti bolts..

This way, i'll cut another 25 gm for 24 USD for stem and about 10-15 USD for bolts

Wookski

by Wookski

Extralite streeters are amazing- very strong and 2nd lightest at 29g

Wookski

by Wookski

redna12 wrote:I recommend Extralite HyperStem and CarbonTi X-Cap carbon black. You will lose a lot of weight.

I just ditched the hyperstem- it had a habit of leaving deep bite marks in bars and steerer. Even after filing down the edges! And that was using loads of carbon paste and super low torque.

nismosr

by nismosr

My C60 50s with LW Wheelset weighs 14.5lbs
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

3Pio

by 3Pio

Handlebar arrived, a bit dissapointed by weight.Its 207 gm (Easton EC90 SLX3)

Anyway looking very stiff so probably ill give a chance.There is another problem.There is small like crack and not sure if its cosmetic or serious damage.Both Easton and chainreactioncycles.com suggest to replace it oe return it just in case (this will cost me another 52 eur).
What do y think? Cosmetic or definetely to replace it or return it?

Btw yesterday i had 202 km ride and two pics from that ride

PLuKE

by PLuKE

I would return the bars IMO, I wouldn't want to be sprinting on them and have them fail, I guess they would be perfectly safe, but in my mind paying the money they cost, and a couple of years with of forces through the bars I would be in my mind.

Luke

stormur

by stormur

I never met Easton EC90 SLX3 which weight more than 202g ( 44cm ) , usually it's 197g for 44 , 192 for 42cm ... Those imperfection : enough reason to never ride it ( return ).
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

fogman

by fogman

You seem to have had some bad luck with your online purchases. First the Bora tubulars and now the Easton handlebars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

3Pio

by 3Pio

fogman wrote:You seem to have had some bad luck with your online purchases. First the Bora tubulars and now the Easton handlebars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seem that after my crashing bad luck period, (i crashed bad twice:) in last two years, now it's my bad luck period with parts :)

1. 2015 July - Crashed with 5 km/h in front of my building when Hutchinson Speed N Go tires slipped on wet transition and falled down directly on my elbow, without any chance to try something. Result: 3 Months Off The bike, and cracked Elbow.(And trow the Huthinson tires in garbage, and installed Continental GP 4 Season)

2. 2016 January - Sprinting uphill with my friend, and all od the sudden frozen part. Tried to dont fall down (that made things worst), and i ended on my shoulder in very big pain. Not broken, but could not lift the arm for months. (this put me off the bike two month, and still painfull on weather change :) )

Get back to my bad luck with parts. Im ordering the parts i need long time (like 15 years), and almost everytime went flawless. Of course sometimes it's possible this kind of things, but it can happen even if u buy localy (when i was buying my Bianchi Pista Sei Giorni fixie bike from local Bianchi Dealer, we noticed the frame is scratched in the box brand new).

The more important is if the shops where we buy, offer satisfying solutions or not. In both my cases (Bora tubulars), and now handlebar i got satisfying solutions. With Bora wheelset bike-components.de was fair enough to offer me wheelset replacament, returning the wheelset back and got my money back, or if i keep them like this, more discount.

As first i opted for first option (wheelset replacement), but they were fair enough to send me pictures of the new set before sending, and there was even more imperfection (no scratches this time, but a lot of cosmetic imperfection in carbon).

So since the season was started, and did not want to wait at least another month until i have another wheelset here, i opted at the end for the third option. To keep them, and got more discount (they will add this to my next purchase). And warranty is valid (i had communication all the time with Campagnolo as well, and very satisfied from their promptly response as well). Of course Campagnolo confirm me that they should be safe for riding, and that warranty is valid.

Chainreactioncycles.com also nice support. In the case of the handlebar they offer me to replace me handlebar with new (and cover me cost for shipping), or just to return my money back.

This time both Chainreactioncycles.com and Easton (also very satisfied from their response), suggested that handlebar is not safe for riding, and to do not use it.

So, I opted for replacement of handlebar with new one (Easton handlebar feel very stiff at least of the bike, so want to give it a chance).

In both cases im satisfied at the end, and will continue working with both of them.

Will update u, as soon as i get a new handlebar