Any Campagnolo 2018 news?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

duende

by duende

bruno2000 wrote:New bora wheels are allready availabe.

Where?

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

duende wrote:
bruno2000 wrote:New bora wheels are allready availabe.

Where?

Bikebug in Australia have them in stock:

http://www.bikebug.com/advanced_search_ ... s=bora+ac3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

While I have seen it mentioned in numerous articles that there is a 12-32 cassette with the new Centaur groupset, I have yet to see what the gear ratios are for it. Does anyone happen to know what they are? I haven't seen a tech doc for it anywhere. Any word on this, @graeme_f_k?

Would the last triple, which I assume will match the Potenza's 25-28-32, be able to be used in a mix with an otherwise all-Chorus 12-29 cassette?

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

EvilEuro wrote:While I have seen it mentioned in numerous articles that there is a 12-32 cassette with the new Centaur groupset, I have yet to see what the gear ratios are for it. Does anyone happen to know what they are?

I think it's 12-13-14-15-16-17-19-22-25-28-32

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

EvilEuro wrote:While I have seen it mentioned in numerous articles that there is a 12-32 cassette with the new Centaur groupset, I have yet to see what the gear ratios are for it. Does anyone happen to know what they are? I haven't seen a tech doc for it anywhere. Any word on this, @graeme_f_k?

Would the last triple, which I assume will match the Potenza's 25-28-32, be able to be used in a mix with an otherwise all-Chorus 12-29 cassette?

I've asked the question as the documentation we have is very early and *possibly* subject to change - I don't think it will be wrong but I'd still rather confirm!

The triplet will *possibly" work but bear in mind the different construction of the cassette between Centaur / Potenza and Chorus ... also the ramps and gates will be out of synch so the shift under load will probably not be as smooth ... Campag don't usually test for these types of consumer hacks so I have no absolute info and usually when we ask the factory they'll just say "we never tested it" ... they don't like to be drawn. If it absolutely won't work, they'll usually be pretty explicit about that.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

graeme_f_k wrote:I've asked the question as the documentation we have is very early and *possibly* subject to change - I don't think it will be wrong but I'd still rather confirm!

The triplet will *possibly" work but bear in mind the different construction of the cassette between Centaur / Potenza and Chorus ... also the ramps and gates will be out of synch so the shift under load will probably not be as smooth.

In that case I'll just use the Centaur cassette in its full form. No use using a hack like that if it's going to result in a suboptimal experience.

I'm just happy to finally see a 12-32 option as it is and will be happy to use it with a the Potenza derailleur that I have for when I need a wider range cassette.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

and of course, it was two days after I placed my long awaited order of Bora One 50's, they announce the updated brake track. It's not life changing, but it sucks to not even have delivery of something to find out it's "outdated".

Ulver

by Ulver

nd2rc wrote:and of course, it was two days after I placed my long awaited order of Bora One 50's, they announce the updated brake track. It's not life changing, but it sucks to not even have delivery of something to find out it's "outdated".

Surely you can just cancel your order then and re-order when they have the new one in?

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Anybody who knows the price of the new Bora One?
Looking for 50mm dark label, but all sold out. :-(

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I think price are more or less the same as the so called old models.
Belgian and dutch bikeshops can allready order them at the local campagnolo distributor.
Deloivery within 24hr's.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

They are not in stock: black label looks sold out everywhere.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Belgian distributor has stock of bora one clincher 35 and 50 dark label - model 2018.

benzebub

by benzebub

Anyone have word on the HO derailleurs? Will they be compatible with bigger cassettes?
But I could be wrong

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

OK, I have a challenge for Campy. . A new pedal. One that has the durability of Shimano Dura-Ace (which I run) and the weight of sat a Time Xpresso 12 (without that alloying lateral float).

sawyer

by sawyer

Good point on the pedal. Let's have something similar to DA with a bit less weight.

Agree with whoever said shorter cranks. They are missing a trend in only having 170mm (ex the 165mm oddball non-group effort)

And very un female friendly. Really quite odd having 170mm as your shortest crank tbh
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com