stages battery life?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

For the Stages users around here, how much batteery lifer do you get? I'm on my third battery just now after around 9000 km's. Last one lasted around 115 - 120 cycling hours. I'm curious to hear what you get out of a battery. Have to say, this summer, I travalled almost every weekend to cycling events (Centuries, races,...), so lots of 3 hour car transports every weekend. Don't now if the Stages is in sleep mode when travalling by car or not.

Multebear

by Multebear

You wake it by turning the crank a couple of revs. I'm changing the batteries around every 1-2 months. Your calculations seem correct, and I'd say there's nothing wrong with your Stages. On the upside, it's very easy to change the battery, and they are reasonably priced. Since I switched to Duracell batteries, I even got rid of the connectivity problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Yeah, sometimes transport will wake them. My V1 units sometimes stay on after wet rides, so I remove the battery after. Your life seem reasonable with the transport.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

scottmmw

by scottmmw

last battery lasted 1400 miles, and some use on the rollers of about 3-4 hours.

dmulligan

by dmulligan

My 1st gen seems to get well over 100 hours plus time lost in transportation. I don't have a log of when I change batteries so I can't be more exact then that. However better quality Energizer batteries do last longer than the cheap ones I've been buying at MEC.
I also find its worth using non conductive silicone grease on the o-ring to make the battery door easier to open and close and to ensure water tightness.

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

Thanks for the silicone grease comment, been meaning to try some on my v1's. Where do you get yours?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

jmaccyd

by jmaccyd

Yours seems about right. I don't get near the 200 hours claimed but certainly close to a 100 hours so not tiresome enough to be an issue. I have had to 'pack out' my battery door with some black electrical tape to ensure a good connection between battery and contact. I also tend to keep the bike with the Stages fitted in the house during the damp and wet GB winter.

dmulligan

by dmulligan

glepore wrote:Thanks for the silicone grease comment, been meaning to try some on my v1's. Where do you get yours?

I'm using dielectric grease i got at the local hardware store.

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com