Anyone using a Fizik stem?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

droitaubut wrote:
3Pio wrote:
droitaubut wrote:
miklm wrote:

Good catch. I looked at the wrong column in my Excel spreadsheet. I had "Spec" (i.e., claimed) and "Actual" and posted the wrong one.
Spec 128g
Actual 131g

My R3 Bars were Spec 245g, Actual 259g so a bit heavier even. I have the "Chameleon"; the R1 are supposed to be around 40g lighter.

https://roadcyclinguk.com/reviews/fizik ... LUCZWc2.97, please see this review, here they actually mention the R3 handlebars to be over 330 grams.. Quite crazy! Do you think this can even be remotely true?

Fizik R3 Handlebars in Bull shape, 42 cm size c-c (in the hoods, i think it's 44 in the drops), actual weight is 259 gm

My friend have it, so before installation i measured it.

Thank you, Im having the R3 chameleon now, but didn't install or measure it myself, it's also the 42 cm c-c though. However, can't imagine a different shape would be very much apart in weight from the bull you mention. I feel I am slightly overstretched. Currently combining a 130mm fizik R1 stem with the R3 chameleon 42 c-c. Will have to consider if a bull handle bar (5 mm less reach) will do the job or I will have to adjust the stem to 120 mm (10 mm less reach). Any thoughts on this situation?

Always easier to replace the stem than the handlebar.I would say try it first with 120 mm stem, ride some time (not just one ride) and u'll realize is it comfy or too short.

droitaubut

by droitaubut

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

commendatore

by commendatore

I do like the look of that fizik stem but... did y'all forget what website this is? That thing is heavy.

3Pio

by 3Pio

commendatore wrote:I do like the look of that fizik stem but... did y'all forget what website this is? That thing is heavy.

Only few grams difference to Deda SuperLeggera stem. Fizik is much stiffer.

Still, Kalloy Uno is 20 gm lighter (at least in 110 mm). Even i have them both, i decide to keep Fizik R1 Stem, since i really like the stiff front end i have now

norcimmus

by norcimmus

3Pio wrote:
commendatore wrote:I do like the look of that fizik stem but... did y'all forget what website this is? That thing is heavy.

Still, Kalloy Uno is 20 gm lighter (at least in 110 mm). Even i have them both, i decide to keep Fizik R1 Stem, since i really like the stiff front end i have now

Can you physically feel the difference in flex between the Fizik and Kalloy stem?

Once my fitting is complete, the stems I've been eyeing are the Fizik R1, Kalloy Uno and the Tune 4.0. Kalloy seems to be the lightest out of all three.

3Pio

by 3Pio

norcimmus wrote:
3Pio wrote:

Can you physically feel the difference in flex between the Fizik and Kalloy stem?

Once my fitting is complete, the stems I've been eyeing are the Fizik R1, Kalloy Uno and the Tune 4.0. Kalloy seems to be the lightest out of all three.

I just have the Kalloy Uno, never installed :) I thought first the flex is from the Stem, but in meanwhile i replace the handlebar, and now perfect feeling. So now dont want to change anything that feel ok :)

My friend ride Kalloy Uno, and he is heavier then me (and powerfull rider). He claim that there is no flex on Kalloy Uno. In term of look Fizik look much better, but Kalloy its not that bad when u remove the decals with acetone (10 seconds work)

To be honest if im buying stem right now, i'll go Kalloy Uno first since is cheap and light, and only if there is some flex or something i'll go other route.