Dura Ace 9070 DI2 shifters with Ultegra 6870 derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

muntos

by muntos

Quick question,
are the Dura Ace 9070 DI2 shifters compatible with Ultegra 6870 rear and front derailleur ?

glepore

by glepore

yes
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritxis

by Ritxis

muntos

by muntos

Thank you guys :)!

Ritxis

by Ritxis

I've now mounted, ST-6870/RD-9070/FD-6870, and I have taken RD-9000/FD-6870 with ST-6770

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Yes they are and indeed that is what I have on my bike (Parlee Z5 SLi) - full Ultegra 6870 Di2 except for Dura Ace 9070 Di2 levers. I have the DA levers because they have the "hidden" button on the top of the hoods that controls the Garmin 520 (and previously, 510) bike computer I use with the D-Fly, whereas the Ultegra Di2 levers do not have the hidden buttons.

muntos

by muntos

eaglejackson wrote:Yes they are and indeed that is what I have on my bike (Parlee Z5 SLi) - full Ultegra 6870 Di2 except for Dura Ace 9070 Di2 levers. I have the DA levers because they have the "hidden" button on the top of the hoods that controls the Garmin 520 (and previously, 510) bike computer I use with the D-Fly, whereas the Ultegra Di2 levers do not have the hidden buttons.

That's exactly the same reason I want to exchange my 6870 shifters with 9070, because of the "hidden button" and my Garmin 520 :D !

Did you mount the D-fly outside near the rear derailleur or found another place? I'm thinking to place it inside the frame somewhere...?

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

muntos wrote:That's exactly the same reason I want to exchange my 6870 shifters with 9070, because of the "hidden button" and my Garmin 520 :D !

Did you mount the D-fly outside near the rear derailleur or found another place? I'm thinking to place it inside the frame somewhere...?

I put the D-fly on the seat stay outside the rear derailleur. It was the easy way to mount it. If I found a better / cleaner place, I'd move it. For now it works just fine. I really like the combination of Di2, D-Fly, DA levers, and Garmin 520.

muntos

by muntos

I've read the thread regarding the D-Fly and nobody who put it inside the frame (seat tube, BB area, cockpit area) experienced any problem.

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

muntos wrote:I've read the thread regarding the D-Fly and nobody who put it inside the frame (seat tube, BB area, cockpit area) experienced any problem.

I should go read that thread. When the mechanic built up my bike, I asked him to put on a D-fly and the seatstay is where he put it. I have a duplicate Parlee Z5SLi but with full DA Di2. When I bought the second one as a travel bike, I went with Ultegra but the DA levers to get that hidden button functionality.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Friend with an actual z5sli has his d fly in the seat tube. No issues.

Bruceryu

by Bruceryu

One of my buddy has same combination. There was no problem!

LeviR

by LeviR

I had my D-fly relocated under one of the chainstay. It works well there. I noticed that the D-fly consumes a little power. I had to charge my Di2 more often than before. Just an observation.

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Yes, indeed, battery goes faster with D-Fly. Before D-Fly I rarely checked the battery and charged every couple months or so. Now I check it regularly and battery seems to last maybe a month, sometimes less, depending on how much riding and shifting I'm doing. With the Garmin 520, it's easy to check battery level (with the D-Fly).

On balance, the D-Fly is definitely worth it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mai

by mai

I have my d-fly modules in the seat tube/ISPs of my bikes, beneath the internal battery. looks cleaner to have it hidden imho.