Lightweight DI2 Juction Holder.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

KCookie wrote:
corky wrote:
KCookie wrote:Was the weight 7g as stated. Looking at getting one myself for my Urgestalt. Looks neat.

Ooh post pics of your Uge please

Maybe one day, not ready for an onslaught yet. Lol. !!!

Have been considering one, but can't make my mind up on sizing and demos are few and far between.

What are your thoughts on the Uge? Is it really the great all Rounder?

Sorry for the thread drift.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

It's a great all round bike, very comfortable, especially to some that I test rode. I was in between sizes, went for a 56, then had an issue with the frame so waiting on a replacement. LBS has 56 in stock but im waiting on a 54 as can get the same geo and save another 100g. Also got fibulas waiting to be fitted. Haven't ridden in 5 months as can't shift knee tendinitis.

corky

by corky

Post pics when you have the 54

tnc1970

by tnc1970

Why not sticking it to the stem with double side tape. It is light and -so far- secure

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

For what it's worth, sponsor Fairwheel Bikes has their own spacer based Di2 junction mount. From the pictures it looks very similar to the Lightweight one. But it's $8 instead of $25. I just ordered one and will see how it works out. http://fairwheelbikes.com/fair-wheel-bikes-di2-junction-box-headset-spacer/

I'm currently using the Shimano supplied rubber strap. I've been tempted to use the double stick tape but wonder how secure it is. I travel a fair amount with my bike and want a secure mount. The Barfly solution looks good too but when I travel I remove the mount from the bars for packing, and don't want the box just hanging there, and if I have to secure it while boxed up, then maybe the Fairwheel / Lightweight approach would be best for me.

keith

by keith

rmerka wrote:A small piece of 3M double sided tape under the stem works perfectly and it's lighter.

Same here. I used some spongy double-sided tape used I believe to mount car registration plates. Been on the Parlee Z5SLi for over a year now with no problem. Simpler and lighter than this extra gadget too, this is a WW forum after all :-)
Riding my road bikes around Eryri

http://www.strava.com/athletes/keith_robertson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

...or attach it to one of the brake cable housings using heat shrink tubing

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

keith wrote:
rmerka wrote:A small piece of 3M double sided tape under the stem works perfectly and it's lighter.

Same here. I used some spongy double-sided tape used I believe to mount car registration plates. Been on the Parlee Z5SLi for over a year now with no problem. Simpler and lighter than this extra gadget too, this is a WW forum after all :-)

Thanks!

justaute

by justaute

What about using Sugru? Each "block" is ~5 grams and not sure if an entire block is even needed.

I placed my order and will give it a shot.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

justaute wrote:What about using Sugru? Each "block" is ~5 grams and not sure if an entire block is even needed.

Sugru works a treat, if a "block" is 5 grams, 2 grams worth is ample..........
Had to find a use for the remainder, didn't want to waste it :wink:
BB

Coffee & carbon

Grill

by Grill

Racewaredirect ones look cleaner and you can have them integrated into their Garmin mounts.

justaute

by justaute

Perfect. I have two Di2 bikes. That'd be ~2.5 grams per "holder". :)

beanbiken wrote:
justaute wrote:What about using Sugru? Each "block" is ~5 grams and not sure if an entire block is even needed.

Sugru works a treat, if a "block" is 5 grams, 2 grams worth is ample..........
Had to find a use for the remainder, didn't want to waste it :wink: