201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

indobesar

by indobesar

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
mannequinforce wrote:Are you polishing it?

Here it is, brushed finish with black S-works Tarmac fork.

Nice job!
Looks very similar as my Allez:

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

indobesar wrote:
Nice job!
Looks very similar as my Allez:

Thanks...

Yes... similar for sure.

The finish on yours is more polished than mine. I didn't want such a high polish look, so I just to brush the finish. I'm also running an S-Works fork, which is about 100g lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thumper88

by thumper88

IMG_7357-2.JPG

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

jamin

by jamin

Regarding Di2 and this frame, are you guys routing cables around the BB shell but still inside the frame? Where does the the 'B' junction box go - is there somewhere nice and neat for it to sit?

sun wrote:Good luck! I love di2 on my Sprint. I actually re-configured my wiring and run it into the top tube with the brake cable.

Did you then route the cable back down the down-tube - i cant see how it could go along the top tube as it would meet with then clash with the seatpost. Apologies for the questions, just trying to get it right in my head.

sun

by sun

Yes, routing it around the BB shell, but inside the frame. It doesn't really sit anywhere nice and neat. It has 4 wires running to it and it just gets shoved into the bottom of the downtube. It doesn't rattle or anything. As for the wire on the top tube, it makes a U turn and goes towards the head tube, runs along side the fork steerer and down into the down tube.

Watch this video at 1:47 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msIyofUud3A

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Any of you guys try to remove the compression plug?

I cut my steertube a bit long to get the fit dialed in. But I cannot get the compression plug out. I was told by someone that it is incredibly difficult to do. Any one do it and if so, do you have any suggestions?

Also, I'm debating going with a -10 degree stem and about 20mm of spacers or a 0 degree stem and almost no spacers. The negative angle stem, I think, would look better, but having almost no spacers seems like it would be stiffer. Thoughts?

sun

by sun

The compression plug is a pain. The center punch method that Specialized recommended didn't work for me. My method is to remove the bolt and get something to pull on the cone shaped piece from the middle. My local shop uses a slide hammer. If you google that, you will get an idea of what needs to happen. I found that Specialized does have a special tool for this now. You can try and order it. It was pictured in the VIAS installation manual.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The ViAS tool only works on that specific expander plug as it has anchor threads in the plug.

Loosen the compression bolt off, knock the bottom cone loose then remove the bolt. Put an old 3-4" long bolt with a head small enough to fit into the hole in the top cone into a vice and use it to dislodge the top cone like a slide hammer.
Using Tapatalk

jamin

by jamin

sun wrote:Yes, routing it around the BB shell, but inside the frame. It doesn't really sit anywhere nice and neat. It has 4 wires running to it and it just gets shoved into the bottom of the downtube. It doesn't rattle or anything. As for the wire on the top tube, it makes a U turn and goes towards the head tube, runs along side the fork steerer and down into the down tube.

Great video, thanks for the help, that routing kit is a very sweet solution! Did you modify the bracket to accept the wire as well as the brake cable where it enters the frame at the top tube?

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Thanks guys, I will try some of those things to see if I can get that compression plug out.

sun

by sun

jamin wrote:
sun wrote:Yes, routing it around the BB shell, but inside the frame. It doesn't really sit anywhere nice and neat. It has 4 wires running to it and it just gets shoved into the bottom of the downtube. It doesn't rattle or anything. As for the wire on the top tube, it makes a U turn and goes towards the head tube, runs along side the fork steerer and down into the down tube.

Great video, thanks for the help, that routing kit is a very sweet solution! Did you modify the bracket to accept the wire as well as the brake cable where it enters the frame at the top tube?

Yes, I modified the bracket to accept both the brake cable and di2 wire. I drilled a small hole next to the brake cable hole for the di2 wire. I then slotted the brake cable hole so that the wire goes into the brake cable first and then into it's own hole. Hopefully that makes sense.

jamin

by jamin

sun wrote:Yes, I modified the bracket to accept both the brake cable and di2 wire. I drilled a small hole next to the brake cable hole for the di2 wire. I then slotted the brake cable hole so that the wire goes into the brake cable first and then into it's own hole. Hopefully that makes sense.

Yeah thats cool, thanks.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com