2016 Venge

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Don't bother engaging him, just let him wax poetic about how great he is :roll: :lol:

highdraw

by highdraw

ergott wrote:
highdraw wrote:
Btw, I would be surprised if there were two other people on this forum other than myself who understood why aero bikes are heavier than non aero bikes for a given frame size.

That's a real crappy thing to say and if you really feel that way perhaps this site isn't good enough to have you around. :noidea:

This whole thread is about arguing minutia. Even though people are coming from extreme points of view on either side I don't think anyone here is seriously saying that you have to have x,y,z to win a race or that x,y,z will prevent you from winning. It's about whether or not there is a degree of advantage what the value of that advantage is to the given rider and circumstance.

No...you are speaking from your perspective. Others may have a much higher level of understanding. What I write will resonate with others in a positive way and they may in fact disagree and debate which is what the forum is for...to share opinion...but it never should be to deride...what you are doing...and only because of your lack of self image on the subject. I make a point of not going on gardening forums and giving my perspective on daisy's as well. Not by back yard. But this is.

So no credit for all the insightful things I explain to those like you with a lesser grasp on this subject. Instead you say...you single on a single statement that although correct reflects on you. You don't know the answer because it is rooted in engineering fundamentals you don't understand. So you are basically participating in conversation without a level of understanding. A wiser man would stand off to the side and listen and learn...that's how people that understand things know what they know by the way...they are the best students. Or if they think they know, they posit and debate and through this iterative process which can be a rocky road, the truth is found. Your x,y,z statement is obtuse and irrelevant because it is generic and lacks substance including your qualitative reference to 'circumstances'. You would bring more substance but you don't possess it. That's ok, but don't troll this thread unless you want to be called out for it.
Last edited by highdraw on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

can we just accept the fact that those that buy this bike should and will buy it because they got the chedda to spend and buy the stuff they want , which hopefully aligns with the goal of looking illest on morning coffee shop ride. #aestheticsareeverything

highdraw

by highdraw

nathanong87 wrote:can we just accept the fact that those that buy this bike should and will buy it because they got the chedda to spend and buy the stuff they want , which hopefully aligns with the goal of looking illest on morning coffee shop ride. #aestheticsareeverything

but this defies what I know to be true...the richest guys I know don't ride the most blinged bikes...largely why they are rich...they have better judgement about diminishing return.
But no mistake, the new Venge will be bought for its bling factor without question..you are so right.
That word chedda is hilarious...love it.

ergott

by ergott

highdraw wrote:No...you are speaking from your perspective. Others may have a much higher level of understanding. What I write will resonate with others in a positive way and they may in fact disagree and debate which is what the forum is for...to share opinion...but it never should be to deride...what you are doing...and only because of your lack of self image on the subject. I make a point of not going on gardening forums and giving my perspective on daisy's as well. Not by back yard. But this is.

So no credit for all the insightful things I explain to those like you with a lesser grasp on this subject. Instead you say...you single on a single statement that although correct reflects on you. You don't know the answer because it is rooted in engineering fundamentals you don't understand. So you are basically participating in conversation without a level of understanding. A wiser man would stand off to the side and listen and learn...that's how people that understand things know what they know by the way...they are the best students. Or if they think they know, they posit and debate and through this iterative process which can be a rocky road, the truth is found. Your x,y,z statement is obtuse and irrelevant because it is generic and lacks substance including your qualitative reference to 'circumstances'. You would bring more substance but you don't possess it. That's ok, but don't troll this thread unless you want to be called out for it.

Notice the lack of specifics in your posts. Try sharing some original work that you have published.

You are a fool with no concept of interpersonal skills or to whom you speak. You assume you know more than all save perhaps 2 other people here. That has nothing to do with my self image at all. I don't come here beating my chest making claims of my expertise, you do. Time for you to show us all just how smart you claim to be. Your answers are no less vague than all the other posts so far.

Good luck with that in life.

highdraw

by highdraw

ergott wrote:
highdraw wrote:No...you are speaking from your perspective. Others may have a much higher level of understanding. What I write will resonate with others in a positive way and they may in fact disagree and debate which is what the forum is for...to share opinion...but it never should be to deride...what you are doing...and only because of your lack of self image on the subject. I make a point of not going on gardening forums and giving my perspective on daisy's as well. Not by back yard. But this is.

Notice the lack of specifics in your posts. Try sharing some original work that you have published.

You are a fool with no concept of interpersonal skills or to whom you speak. You assume you know more than all save perhaps 2 other people here. That has nothing to do with my self image at all. I don't come here beating my chest making claims of my expertise, you do. Time for you to show us all just how smart you claim to be. Your answers are no less vague than all the other posts so far.

Look at the bright side. Flowers are pretty. Maybe you know something about them and you can contribute on a botany forum. Here, you only troll and deride. Quite sad...kind of like a baby crying at a symphony.

bigfatty

by bigfatty

highdraw wrote:
ergott wrote:

Look at the bright side. Flowers are pretty. Maybe you know something about them and you can contribute on a botany forum. Here, you only troll and deride. Quite sad...kind of like a baby crying at a symphony.

is this a private fight or can anyone join :lol:

anyways, Sagan says "pah!" to the venge 2016

MRM

by MRM

I'm just glad highdraw is there to usher in a new age of enlightenment! :roll:

ergott

by ergott

No Highdraw. This isn't about trolling. It's about calling you out for acting like a jackass.

highdraw

by highdraw

ergott wrote:No Highdraw. This isn't about trolling. It's about calling you out for acting like a jackass.

Unless you can answer the question you denigrate which defines how little you know on the subject, you best stick to your trolling to deflect the obvious...lol.
Now can you tell us a little about your garden?...or have you knitted a nice sweater lately?
Have you found any toe clips to match your Rapha gear?
Last edited by highdraw on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highdraw

by highdraw

MRM wrote:I'm just glad highdraw is there to usher in a new age of enlightenment! :roll:

Thank you brother. Between Donald Trump, the pope and myself, we have it covered. :thumbup:

highdraw

by highdraw

bigfatty wrote:
highdraw wrote:
ergott wrote:

is this a private fight or can anyone join :lol:

anyways, Sagan says "pah!" to the venge 2016

Can you blame him? Afterall he won the worlds on a Tarmac.
Sagan is my favorite rider btw.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

And who has won prior Worlds and on which bikes?

highdraw

by highdraw

justkeepedaling wrote:And who has won prior Worlds and on which bikes?

Here's a list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... _champions

glepore

by glepore

Rider position. Sagan won worlds in part because or the downhill, his tuck, and his cojones. He went thru a couple of those corners completely hung out and solidified his gap.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com