2016 Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Yeah I have a TM01 TT bike... brakes are horrid(modulation wise)... can't see the TMR01 being too much different. I only put up with it because it's a Fast TT bike.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Went to me local Trek dealer today looking for a Madone 9.
Only 1 in Australia currently, and it just left their other store (for destination unknown).

Stock will be available in Oz around september.
Kind of glad I didnt get to see it today as I probably would have had some bad news for the wife!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

spdntrxi wrote:Yeah I have a TM01 TT bike... brakes are horrid(modulation wise)... can't see the TMR01 being too much different. I only put up with it because it's a Fast TT bike.

I think you may want to take another look at your brakes… I'm racing a TM01 and find the brakes quite good (and yes, including modulation). They are notoriously difficult to set up, even a small difference in for example cable housing, can yield a very different result. Once set up, they do work very well though...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

audiojan wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:Yeah I have a TM01 TT bike... brakes are horrid(modulation wise)... can't see the TMR01 being too much different. I only put up with it because it's a Fast TT bike.

I think you may want to take another look at your brakes… I'm racing a TM01 and find the brakes quite good (and yes, including modulation). They are notoriously difficult to set up, even a small difference in for example cable housing, can yield a very different result. Once set up, they do work very well though...

yeah, I've been messing with them.. got the rears perfect.. still working on the front.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I'm impressed with the Trek Madone 9. THe TFR team used it on every stage throughout the TDF including the cobbles. This so its a real bike not just a sprint machine. I just put my F8 together but I'll take a look at these once they reach my area.

Also the Venge ViAS was an utter failure with both riders opting for their standard Venge on almost every sprint stage and complaining the new brakes suck! Not a good promo.

superdx

by superdx

I'd want to believe that the riders chose to ride the Madone 9 over the Domane on cobbles as well. But the devil's advocate to this says that maybe Trek has more control over what the riders are using? They do sponsor the entire team after all, from apparel to components to frames. Maybe they weren't allowed to switch to anything else.

wingguy

by wingguy

Cancellara wasn't riding it at all. (For as long as he was riding, anyway)

russianbear

by russianbear

Cancellara always rides the Domane. The bike that was engineered for him, with him.

wingguy

by wingguy

Yeah, he always rode the Domane, but that was before there was the new Madone, so it's irrelevant. Pretty much every rider in the peloton 'always' rides one bike... until there's a new bike. Trek's marketing of the madone specifically namechecks Cancellara as wanting to race it.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

wingguy wrote:Yeah, he always rode the Domane, but that was before there was the new Madone, so it's irrelevant. Pretty much every rider in the peloton 'always' rides one bike... until there's a new bike. Trek's marketing of the madone specifically namechecks Cancellara as wanting to race it.

Trek did say this in their marketing and I was hoping to see him piloting one through the cobbles but to no avail. He did beat Cav in a sprint on the Domane which is mighty impressive though and might have something to say about the effectiveness of aero bikes... Trek did have other riders who rode the bike throughout the Tour.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

the flaps on these things are sweet. The isp ugh.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

russianbear wrote:Cancellara always rides the Domane. The bike that was engineered for him, with him.

Nope. Fabian rode the new Madone during the Tour de Suisse. I'm sure Trek paid him a pretty penny to give up his Domane for that race (they only took one type of bike to the race).

That being said, I don't see Fabian giving up his Domane for any race that he really intends on competing in (although it would have been sweet to see a yellow Madone - albeit for one stage).

mtnbikerva1

by mtnbikerva1

I just saw the f8 Pin. Is only 2-3 year warranty!!
Trek madone or specialized s-works for the quality and warranty for me. I will not waste 10-$15k on a bike with little to no warranty!

micky

by micky

Im not trying to defend Pinarello (never owned one, and not planning to own one) but Ive been explained by a dealer of a lifetime warranty brand that actually the warranty claims usually happens inside the first 2 years; afterwars almost zero.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

micky wrote:Im not trying to defend Pinarello (never owned one, and not planning to own one) but Ive been explained by a dealer of a lifetime warranty brand that actually the warranty claims usually happens inside the first 2 years; afterwars almost zero.

I can assure you that is not the case.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com