Recent Di2 issues in the pro peleton

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It's impossible to say exactly what happened from that video, but not likely anything to do with the trim feature, which is actually kinda nice. Like anything, proper setup is always critical, and truth be told, if I was a mechanic on a pro team it'd be a lot easier to set up and maintain a fleet of Di2 bikes than all mechanical for sure. But for my own personal bikes, I'm all about a finely tuned mechanical setup over electric based systems. At least at this stage of their development. Exception being TT rigs, where multiple shifting positions are possible and convoluted cable routing issues make a "finely tuned" mechanical system a lot harder to achieve.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

If you can auto trim to inner ring you installed it and adjusted it wrong. I doubt the mechanics did that.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Svetty

by Svetty

DFTT :roll:

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Quote your statistic sources then ?

nickl

by nickl

I see Alex Dowsett wasn't using Di2 on his hour record bike. Clearly he doesn't trust electronic shifting.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

He was but it was stuck in get home mode.

mangheesuk

by mangheesuk

di2 is exellerent

bigfatty

by bigfatty

nickl wrote:I see Alex Dowsett wasn't using Di2 on his hour record bike. Clearly he doesn't trust electronic shifting.

Campagnolo EPS :wink:

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I can't tell if you took that comment seriously, or realized it was sarcasm.........

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Definitely serious, which makes it even more funny

bigfatty

by bigfatty

:wink: A classic winky emoji; winking and smiling. Used to imply humor in written form, or may alternatively be used suggestively, as a form of flirtation. Also Known As Winky Face Emoji Wink Face E… however, no case was it ever intended to represent ud definition ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... Winky+Face )

but seriously, if you look at the YouTube footage you will see that there is no place for gearing, electronic or otherwise on his bike :wink: :wink: :wink:

motdoc

by motdoc

I do a sportive climb at about 3 w per kg. I dropped a cat 1 on the glandon during the marmotte last year because he was stuck in his small sprocket. He was a nice guy but understandably angry with it. I'm waiting another generation or two.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Folks.....that there is called a "back door brag"..........

Grill

by Grill

motdoc wrote:I do a sportive climb at about 3 w per kg. I dropped a cat 1 on the glandon during the marmotte last year because he was stuck in his small sprocket. He was a nice guy but understandably angry with it. I'm waiting another generation or two.

That's because he forgot to charge the battery. His idiocy is no reflection on Di2.

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Grill wrote:
motdoc wrote:I do a sportive climb at about 3 w per kg. I dropped a cat 1 on the glandon during the marmotte last year because he was stuck in his small sprocket. He was a nice guy but understandably angry with it. I'm waiting another generation or two.

That's because he forgot to charge the battery. His idiocy is no reflection on Di2.

Or the cable from his front shifter disconnected at the shifter. Either way, it's a preventable issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com