Kenesis racelight 4s

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gardengnome

by Gardengnome

Hello all this is my first post but i have read the forum for a while.

I am looking for some advice from you guys that have the experience. I am looking at frame the kenesis racelight 4s but the sizings have me confused, i am 5ft9 176cm and would normally go for a bike with a 54 tt but kenesis 54 bike has quite a long top tube of 55.6 with a 15cm headtube. The next size down is a 51cm with a 54.5 top tube and 12.5cm headtube but is quoted for people with a height of 5ft8 or smaller.

What would you go for?

http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/technical/racelight/4s

Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I am 176cm. as well, and I had a Kinesis TK2 with (the same geometry) for 4 years. Just get a shorter stem, if you don't want to have a stretched position. You might also want to consider the Ribble Sportive 365 frame, which has a 15cm. headtube and a TT of just under 55cm. It's the same sort of frame as the Kinesis 4S, but made from carbon and thus much lighter, while costing about the same.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I was looking at the 4S recently. One thing to take in to account is that the Tracer fork is 380mm a/c to accommodate bigger rubber and guards. You should look at stack/reach compared to your current setup rather than HT length.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?

brearley

by brearley

this is my KINESIS size 54 at 5 9 I'm the same height as you. The 51 would look silly with your height.

Gardengnome

by Gardengnome

Looks really nice built up! just had my parts arrive today but the company i ordered the frame from took the money without saying the bike is out of stock which is a bit crap!