Suunto HR strap and SRM

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

The other day my HR blanked out on the display.. after trying 2 new batteries, I have no luck.. If I pop the back off the strap and then reset the battery it comes to life, and I can get it paired up, but within minutes it dies again and I get a solid dash in the HR spot... Seeing how this isn't a battery issue.. can I assume most likely the strap has packed it in finally after 4 years?? Anyone had similar??

ms6073

by ms6073

Not really an answer but considering there is an army of Garmin users who struggle to get accurate HR data for even 4-6-months from the companies premium ANT+ straps, 4-years sounds like an exceptional service life.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Wow.. I was unaware of the Garmins.... I don't feel so bad now getting 4 years out of it!!

ms6073 wrote:Not really an answer but considering there is an army of Garmin users who struggle to get accurate HR data for even 4-6-months from the companies premium ANT+ straps, 4-years sounds like an exceptional service life.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I had a lot of issues with the Suunto belts. I have been using the Garmin transmitter combined with the Polar Wearlink belts for the past year and have had no issues whatsoever.
Last edited by BdaGhisallo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff

by Geoff

Definitely a Suunto issue, not an SRM issue. Fortunately, they are pretty affordable. The 'good news' is that you will have a spare belt...

Cyppen

by Cyppen

I have 8 suunto belt at home.
All of them just stop working. First 5 time i got new from SRM.
The last 3 i bought my self.

I have tried a garmin belt. But it have a delay on 2-4 seconds. So when i know my heartrate is 200+ the garmin belt shows 180 for a couple of seconds.

You can even see the heart rate is strange in SRM Win. The line its almost straight and act really wierd.

So i still use suunto but i buy a new one often and glue it togehter so it dosent brake to often.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I have had great luck with my suunto srm strap - never had one for more than two years at a time however.
Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com