Yonex 650 gram frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

make fun all you want.. yonex is legit when it comes to carbon.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I saw a dude cycling up the Grimsel Pass last year on one of those Yonex 650 gram frames. It looked nice.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Looks like a 2 wheeled Hearse.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Reviving an old thread. Was in cycle mode bikeshow in japan last month. Saw the frame, but was not on a scale. Held it and felt 650g, definitely lighter than my 700g ax-lightness vial evo.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I bouht an izalco max frame and it's 716gr without anything but including stops/bb cable guide/fd mount. If you strip the paint it will come down around 670gr possibly or lower. It's stiff and cheap too, and supports light bb30 cranks.

Fork is 288gr cut and painted. Strip the paint and maybe it becomes 275gr.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

ome rodriguez wrote:Reviving an old thread. Was in cycle mode bikeshow in japan last month. Saw the frame, but was not on a scale. Held it and felt 650g, definitely lighter than my 700g ax-lightness vial evo.
That mirror finish gloss logo looks exactly like the "z" that wore off of my z-forces. Hopefully, they figured out how to apply those types of logos correctly.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:44 am

That mirror finish gloss logo looks exactly like the "z" that wore off of my z-forces. Hopefully, they figured out how to apply those types of logos correctly.

Somehow I knew you played badminton.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I wonder if this Yonex risk being deemed as a noodle like the Merida Scultura Ltd!?
Part from stiffness, i would also consider durability.
It's a bit weird that it hasn't been welknown outside Asia.

I had the 2014/2015 and later 2016 Ax Lightness Vial Evo D framesets (both Thm fork).
Updated to 2019 model Vial Evo Race (delivered end of dec 2018).
Basically the frame is the updated version of the collaboration between Ax and Swift carbon. A change in layup and in fibre, revised twice (not 100% sure) since Ax started selling it. Ax decided to boost stiffness, through reinforcement and layup. But this new version is also more durable.
This is a great future which i also believe is sacrificed when grams is saved to a point it might be too much.

What i try to say with this rant above, is that WW:ism can go to far and become a headache when it comes to real world usage.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

AGB

by AGB

Found some info online about the new AERO frame from the Yonex website with translator....Yonex is high quality.....Japanese are anal about getting the details correct - hence the price.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Yonex has reduced the aerodynamic drag by adopting a streamlined frame shape, etc., and has launched a new aero-shaped road bike frame `` AEROFLIGHT '' for more race-oriented and triathletes 700,000 yen from the middle of January 2019 (tax included) Ex) will be released.

The aerodynamic performance, which is a major feature of AEROFLIGHT, has been prototyped for more than 30 shapes in a development period of about 4 years with designers who are familiar with motorsports. Successful shape development. Air resistance has been reduced by about 20% or more compared to our conventional CARBONEX.

In addition to the proven technologies and shapes that have been used in the CARBONEX series, new materials such as the new dimension carbon `` Namd * '' that greatly contributed to the improvement of the performance of rackets and golf shafts have been adopted. It suppresses the increase (weight: 830g) and greatly reduces the impact and thrust from the road surface at high speeds. And while maintaining the features of our road bike frame, "lightweight", "propulsion" and "comfort", it realizes "easier and faster" that enables instant acceleration, high-speed cruising, and stable running in high-speed range. Aero frame was born.

Our road bike frames, including AEROFLIGHT, are the only in-house factories in Nagaoka City, Niigata Prefecture, which are all manufactured consistently and are high quality products of "Made in Japan".
2017 Giant TCR SL1 | 6.80kg sans
2019 Giant Propel SL0 | 7.00kg sans - WinSpace Hyper 50mm wheel upgrade