Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Re-read an interview by Davide Fumagalli on the c-59. Seems that many of the changes on the c-60 are being driven by the disc- brake option.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Zakalwe - no, haven't seen an example of the traditional yet

They are going for the Saronni Red Art Decor!

regards

ianSWBB

HillRPete

by HillRPete

http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/bikes-and-gear-features/first-ride-colnago-c60 wrote:The C60 [...] is arguably flawed but almost completely perfect because of that

Maybe ... but what is the flaw? Weight? Thought we already established that pros are not (often?) riding the sub-800g layup version of the frames.

rico

by rico

I'm not sure I'll be giving up my EPS for a C60, unless I find £4k down the back of the sofa.

Also that reviewer is a cock: "In 2007, the first time I interviewed him, he expressed concern over the then-current industry race to build a sub-1,000-gram frame..." Uh huh. We had sub 1kg frames in the late nineties. But they were Coke can alu and had rider weight limits of 75kg.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

wassertreter wrote:
http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/bikes-and-gear-features/first-ride-colnago-c60 wrote:The C60 [...] is arguably flawed but almost completely perfect because of that

Maybe ... but what is the flaw? Weight? Thought we already established that pros are not (often?) riding the sub-800g layup version of the frames.

I think he was saying that on an individual characteristic or check list basis he might be inclined to scream flaw, but on aggregate the flaws cancel each other out or somehow come together to produce something really great. I could be reading into it, but it's like a beautiful woman, might have flawed features but somehow when you look at the whole , you are awed.

I was more struck by how we talked about how the c-60 was better , at least stiffer than the c-59, but then admits he had no complaints against the c-59.

These reviews are always meant to convince owners of previous generations that what they have is inferior or obsolete, which is not always true. The way I read the review and press on the c-60 is that it's a great bike, that colnago took the design seriously but that this is an exercise in choosing what combination of riding traits to offer. Looks to me they sought out to build a stiffer bike and toned down it's plushness. I've never ridden my c-59 and notice flex or felt I wasn't delivering output efficiently nor have I heard a reviewer faulting the c-59 in that regard, but now that the c-60 is out, that's an issue.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

tinozee

by tinozee

I get that crappy Bicycling magazine sent to my house for free. It's clearly a shill rag full of terrible ads and articles designed to pitch new products rather than give honest, unbiased reviews. It's one of those wack jobs that reviews all sorts of bikes. Lately they've been fluffing Pinarello to the max, and it's clear why - the thing is loaded with about 6 pages of Pinarello ads.

All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

The guy obviously believes his own Schtick that he's a "writer" first, reviewer second.

Of course the 59 is still a great bike, but they can't sell it forever - just like the Ferrari F355 will always be a great car no matter how good an F458 is today.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

tinozee wrote:I get that crappy Bicycling magazine sent to my house for free. It's clearly a shill rag full of terrible ads and articles designed to pitch new products rather than give honest, unbiased reviews. It's one of those wack jobs that reviews all sorts of bikes. Lately they've been fluffing Pinarello to the max, and it's clear why - the thing is loaded with about 6 pages of Pinarello ads.

All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!

So it's like car and driver, motor trend , road & track etc...
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

rico wrote:I'm not sure I'll be giving up my EPS for a C60, unless I find £4k down the back of the sofa.

Look harder @rico, it's in there somewhere :wink: And who said you have to give up your EPS. Keep it. The matte carbon weave is gorgeous.

tinozee wrote:All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!
:beerchug:

@fromtrektocolnago: By virtue of your username, I assume you're a recent convert to Colnago? Welcome to a land of obsessive drooling and want, where one Colnago is never enough it seems. I sold my C40 in order to get my first C50 in the belief I couldn't every justify having TWO bicycles like that in my garage just for me. I got over it, and wish I'd never sold the C40. Your less than a year old C59 is a fine bicycle and will be for years to come. But the C60 to my eyes has incorporated some really big changes, not just for the disc version which, is still relegated to "rain bike" status in my mind. Not sure how much bigger the tubes can get though. I can't wait to see one for real. I think it will have the same appeal as the C59 did upon it's introduction. Which is amazing in itself.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Does anybody know if there will be more choices on colour ways for the C60 than is currently showing on the Colnago official webpage?

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

lone wheeler

There are 12 colour schemes for the new C60

regards
ianSWBB

Molotov

by Molotov

Thanks Ian!

VNTech

by VNTech

Zakalwe wrote:The guy obviously believes his own Schtick that he's a "writer" first, reviewer second.

In defense of Matt, because he's a great guy and if you met him in person you'd actually quite like him, writing a "real review" off of one two-hour ride on foreign roads and foreign wheels would be far more disingenuous than pulling together the sort of piece he wrote, which was simply wrapping the relevant details into a nicely written story.

The real reviews will come later.
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Calnago wrote:
rico wrote:I'm not sure I'll be giving up my EPS for a C60, unless I find £4k down the back of the sofa.

Look harder @rico, it's in there somewhere :wink: And who said you have to give up your EPS. Keep it. The matte carbon weave is gorgeous.

tinozee wrote:All the previous gen Colnagos are sweet, I still want one of each!
:beerchug:

@fromtrektocolnago: By virtue of your username, I assume you're a recent convert to Colnago? Welcome to a land of obsessive drooling and want, where one Colnago is never enough it seems. I sold my C40 in order to get my first C50 in the belief I couldn't every justify having TWO bicycles like that in my garage just for me. I got over it, and wish I'd never sold the C40. Your less than a year old C59 is a fine bicycle and will be for years to come. But the C60 to my eyes has incorporated some really big changes, not just for the disc version which, is still relegated to "rain bike" status in my mind. Not sure how much bigger the tubes can get though. I can't wait to see one for real. I think it will have the same appeal as the C59 did upon it's introduction. Which is amazing in itself.

One Colnago will have to enough for me. I still have my 5200 which I use as a back-up. I actually enjoy both but for different reasons. If I had not bought my c-59 would certainly look at the c-60. That said, in the year that I've been riding it putting on a a few thousand miles, I never once thought the bike was insufficiently stiff or that the bottom bracket wasn't translating energy to distance, so don't think I'll start thinking that now. Again very impressive bike, but I do think the c-60 represents a different set of riding attributes than the c-59 in that they dialed up rigidity and toned down the plushness.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

markyboy

by markyboy

My new c59 ad10 will be here this week,thats the second c59 I have had.
I am going to order a c60 but for the meantime I want to enjoy my ad10 when it comes.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com