update pics, of my new bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

here are some pics of my bike. the first one i posted was blurry.
Attachments
8.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Hey, Spytech, were you been? Thought you crashed off a mountain or something.

Nice setup. Very clean look. give us a weight.

KB

by KB

Spytech - Lovely bike - welcome to the TCR club. However, the bike would look even better if you could get some pics with a plain white background. It would then show the bike off in its true splendour.

By the way, tell me how Kysrium's ride. Some people have told me they are harsh. I like the look of them but have been put off so far on comfort grounds.

benz76

by benz76

Nice bike, but ugly pedals !!! :lol:

I'd switch to Time Impact Mag Ti , if you want a "classic" pedal; if you like more "exotic" componets the choice sholud be between Keywin and Speedplay, which are both a little less "friendly" to use... (but it's only a matter of getting accustomed to them...).

Otherwise: Nice bike, Spytech.

Benz.

spytech

by spytech

nah, i didnt fall off anywhere (if i did it would be off the GW bridge) i have not been doing much riding - alot of ice and snow on the street.

KB - the ksyriums are great, but i would not know what to compare them against - harsh in what way? something more foregiving would have more flex? unless its carbon. i think :?: i will see if i can get some more pics, on a all white BR

heh, about the pedals, i bought them online, they looked good, they are very functional but hard to unclip almost cost me a trip to the floor...lol
the time impact pedals i wanted were to much money - ti/mag version, so it was either those or shimano 7800.

the weight of the bike is somewhere around 15.7lbs i know im under 7100grams

KB

by KB

KB - the ksyriums are great, but i would not know what to compare them against - harsh in what way? something more foregiving would have more flex? unless its carbon. i think i will see if i can get some more pics, on a all white BR

With them being made of aluminium I was told by a couple of people that they were jarring under uneven road surfaces and feedback buzz through the bars was significant. I realise they are race wheels and do the job very well it would seem, judging how popular they are with the pro's. I have some Spinergy Spox's that have the plastic spokes; they are very comfortable and the Tune/Zipp carbon combo wheels. But I'm looking at another pair of wheels. The K's are a great looking wheel, but I was thinking of the Campag Hyperon - don't know if anyone out there has a pair. However, the K's are much cheaper than the Hyperon's notwithstanding the fact the difference in weight accounts for the price difference.

Would appreciate any feedback.

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Good looking bike!
Two things i dislike. Of course the pedals doesnt look god but anyway if yu like them...so never change a winning system.
Second the crankset. The total black crankset is not fitting well. A complete crankset is fitting a bike with a colored frame with bright colors. You should have taken the campa cranks...much better look overall on a black/dark frame.
Just look at my bike...and imagine a complete black crankset...the color compositioo of the bike is not good like it is. Of course thats my point of view.

JTC

by JTC

Looks great! Those bars look awsome!

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

sweet ride spytech

have you seen the pic's of the new Giant TT bike for T-mobile. It look s too fast to ride standing still. I want one to hang on my wall.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Spytech: two words: A beauty!

What bars are those?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

okr

by okr

SYNAPSI

"Integrated stem-handlebar for racing bikes. Thanks to carbon fiber technology, Deda has designed a dramatic breakthrough in racing handlebars. The integration between stem and handlebar has generated a completely new product that greatly broadens its function. New and more effective hand positions are now possible. Wing shape cross section, design specific for more hand comfort. Without any doubt, a glamour design. "

From Dedaelementi homepage: http://www.dedaelementi.com
Attachments
synapsi.jpg
synapsi.jpg (8.15 KiB) Viewed 6197 times

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

"judging how popular they are with the pro's"

uh, yeah. All those pros who rode them in the Tour last year were PAID to do so. Mavic gave all those teams those wheels. Trust me, on the road front the only guys who CHOOSE what they are going to ride are the top guys (see Armstrong and Ullrich, and in the past Virenque, Riis, Jalabert riding ADAs or Lightweights).

Mavic gets their wheels under everyone in the pro peloton by paying them money.

spytech

by spytech

HäddaFahn wrote:Good looking bike!
Two things i dislike. Of course the pedals doesnt look god but anyway if yu like them...so never change a winning system.
Second the crankset. The total black crankset is not fitting well. A complete crankset is fitting a bike with a colored frame with bright colors. You should have taken the campa cranks...much better look overall on a black/dark frame.
Just look at my bike...and imagine a complete black crankset...the color compositioo of the bike is not good like it is. Of course thats my point of view.

i understand about the pedals, its either like them or hate'em. but with the campy cranks i was not going to spend more money on them (superlites are just as good) and i wanted carbon cranks, plus a killer deal on the fsa cranks :wink:

thanks all - i was going to change a couple of things on my bike, but i think im going to keep it how it is, except for mabye seat and pedals, everything else will stay as is. i might buy some weekend wheels (spada with zipp 202 rim or something in that range) just for those special occasions. for now i am looking for a good trainer, a good sound system and big screen tv for some home training :D

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Looks very nice, I agree with the pedals but I'm not convinced about the crank. Is the composite crank better?
I'm looking to buy a Composite 1 or 2 and then buy some wheels.

Brian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

From what i have read, this is the stiffest carbon crank to date (For Road use) if you want to go stiffer i suggest Dura Ace 2004, but then you would not be using campy :twisted:

if i am wrong, could someone tell me a stiffer carbon crank? or any crank stiffer than the FSA superlites? besides DA 04.