Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

glepore

by glepore

They'll give you a t/n before the frame actually ships. Then, it'll work, but may appear stalled in China. My frame appeared here before the tracking started to work. Their shipping estimates are normally accurate.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Marin wrote:Mail & check again. There's a decent chance the frame will arrive before you get an answer - mine took only a week to Austria.

Thanks Marin for mail.
It will be a week tomorrow. No changes on my local post website.
I also believe that I will get a letter from customs first, than the frame. So I am waiting.
I already sent 2 mails to Cherry. It's like they moved me into "already sold" folder. They were answering my mail quite quick before buying the frame.
Or they are still in holiday.

bura wrote:ToffieBoi, sure you are checking on the correct site?

HongFu is using China EMS and sometimes Hong Kong EMS.

If it is EMS anyway you may also check on your local postal web site.

If it is a courier, this will be strange.

But be assured that they have shipped your frame.

The tracking number is finishing with CH, which should mean that it is from China, as far as I know. Also they mentioned that they use EMS for the post.
I already checked both China and HongKong EMS website (I changed CH to HK for HongKong, in case of a mistake)

So anyways, I think there is nothing to do for now, except waiting for the answer or the post.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

glepore wrote:They'll give you a t/n before the frame actually ships. Then, it'll work, but may appear stalled in China. My frame appeared here before the tracking started to work. Their shipping estimates are normally accurate.

Thats good news :)
Thanks for the message

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Today I checked my local post office website, and I can see some information about my frame.
Even if they sent me the tracking number one week ago, yesterday it says "Received from customer".

I guess they will forward it next week and I will have it in 2 weeks here...

Slower than I thought.
I hope the information on the website is outdated :/

russianbear

by russianbear

Can the fm066 fit fat tires like the parigi roubaix (29mm)? I'm looking at going with the 66 over the 69 cos I don't like how the rear triangle looks. Still on the fence about frame size.

dogg

by dogg

i few pages back (page 34) i posted some photos of the clearances with a 28mm tire, which is maybe 28.5-29 at high psi. there is room (3 to 5mm) but on gravel & dirt sometimes debris and mud will build up under the brakes a bit, nothing to really worry about though. the clearance depends a lot on your brakes as well, someone else posted pics of clearance with 25mm contis and they only had 2 or so mm of upwards clearance because their brakes hung down a lot lower than the 105 brakes i run. gonna depend on your rims too. wider will reduce the height but increase the width and vice versa for narrow rims, but that being said i have narrow mavic rims and i still have more upwards clearance than on the sides with my 28mms

glepore

by glepore

Challenge Parigi Roubaix here all winter no issues at all-DA7800 or Planet X brakes...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

addictR1

by addictR1

anyone here tried the 2014 Hong-Fu HF-FM069 yet? if so, would love to hear how stiff and how well it performs.

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_produc ... e-292.html
looks kinda like a BMC.

munk93

by munk93

Have you seen the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX?

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Be the first open mould frame I've seen from T1000 fibre ... if that claim is true. To my knowledge, all the others have been T400, including the FM028 I own.

dogg

by dogg

the 066sl uses t1000 as well

addictR1

by addictR1

If using T1000 that would be interesting. I just emailed them asking about the 069 & 066.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Bonefish

by Bonefish

I have read this thread and many others concerning the Hong Fu frames. I am new to the forum but have used them for some time for information on bikes and such. To the point. I am about to purchase the FM066 or 69 to replace my C'dale six carbon that is heavy and too big. I have enough for the frame and extras or I can go with a branded frame (a 2014 R3) I am only worried because my marriage may not survive a oops I made the wrong decision. I do not race a lot, live in a mountainous area where we often reach 40 mph on descents. Would you do 40 on the FM066. I have read so many good things and just enough conflicting one to have some doubt. Any opinions welcome. Thanks in advance for you time.

addictR1

by addictR1

Bonefish.. good question.. only one way to find out. Who are you checking your order with? I emailed Jenny and even filled out on their site and its been one day and no replies. Also how are you getting it branded as R3?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

Bonefish wrote:Would you do 40 on the FM066.

I've done about 45 several times and it felt just fine. I suppose it will be even better next time - yesterday I found out that my headset had been loose :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com