Campagnolo drivetrain - stronglight or praxis?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

irf3

by irf3

Hey all,

I have a hollowgram I want to run with my campy drivetrain and am looking for new rings. I think i'll either get praxis or stronglight ct2 and will definitely be getting 50/36. Does anyone know which ones are lighter?

Also any opinions about one over the other?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

irf3 wrote:Hey all,

I have a hollowgram I want to run with my campy drivetrain and am looking for new rings. I think i'll either get praxis or stronglight ct2 and will definitely be getting 50/36. Does anyone know which ones are lighter?

Also any opinions about one over the other?

Thanks!

Strong light are a little lighter... But we are talking 20g or so... Praxis will shift a whole lot, better and last longer... It's a bit of a no brainier really

AptosBigRing
in the industry

by AptosBigRing

Hi Irf3,
Glad you're thinking about choosing our rings.

We did a bunch of work on our tooth profiling to make sure they were smooth with Campy. As others have pointed out, we're not lighter than some of the feather-weight rings out there...but we're fine with that. Our goal was to make the most well balanced ring for you... Weight is certainly important, but if we'd focussed just on that...the shift quality would suffer dramatically. Shift Quality is our #1 goal...Here's our basic statement on this topic. http://praxiscycles.com/pages/forging-importance

You can actually look at our FB page in the "Customer Shots" as people have been sending in pics of their setups. You'll see a bunch Campy 11 rigs in there with our rings.

Hope you give our rings a try as we think you'll be happy with the shift quality.

Adam@Praxis
Praxis Works
www.praxis-works.com
Manufacture
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz, CA
www.praxis-works.com

irf3

by irf3

Well that pretty much settles it for me. A company that cares enough to keep an eye on the forums and answer questions gets a gold star in my book. I think the praxis will look cooler too.

Only thing, do you sell a 50/36 in the all black or just the black and silver?

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I have used both companies products. The praxis shifts flawlessly on both my Di2 and Campagnolo SR11. My set has seen a lot of abuse and still looks new.
Mark

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Long time Campy 10s user here, recently got a Tarmac SL4 and put a Lightning Crank on it with some Praxis rings and a NOS Record 10 gruppo. After getting the base miles in and some fast group rides over varied terrain I can say the shifting is just as good as the Campy rings on the Record crank. Now, I haven't raced them yet which is the truest test but I have no concerns whatsoever; you can, "drop it like it's hot" (big to little) and "slam and jam" little to big under power IME.

Get the Praxis, your riding buddies will thank you when you don't blow shifts on the front....

L8.

micropox

by micropox

Same here. Got the Praxis rings for my S-works cranks. Shifts far better than the previous rings it replaced (Stronglight and S-works rings). I'm also on Campy 10 speed drivetrain with Campy chain. And they have great customer support. They are even more than willing to address all your concerns with regards to their rings.

Here's mine:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8173/20286591.jpg

astranoc

by astranoc

mnmasotto wrote:I have used both companies products. The praxis shifts flawlessly on both my Di2 and Campagnolo SR11. My set has seen a lot of abuse and still looks new.
Mark

Which crankset are you using for SR11?

AptosBigRing
in the industry

by AptosBigRing

Hey all...thanks for the kind words.

Micropox - GREAT looking Venge...if it's ok with you I'm going to put it up on the Praxis Facebook 'Customer Shots' That's a stealth rig. Nice.

Campy Update - We're hoping to have the Campy specific BCD rings out soon. Our engineering team is pushing hard and we know our Campy customers are patiently waiting...so just hang tight. We're small, and just have to one by one work down our priority list.

Adam@Praxis
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz, CA
www.praxis-works.com

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Hi Adam@Praxis,

Is there anyway to order the standard road rings in the silver/gold finish as opposed to the solid black? Is there any plans to offer both finishes?

thanks

duz10s

by duz10s

Any feedback as to how strong light ct2 perform with 11 speed?
2015 RCA with Di2

micropox

by micropox

AptosBigRing wrote:Hey all...thanks for the kind words.

Micropox - GREAT looking Venge...if it's ok with you I'm going to put it up on the Praxis Facebook 'Customer Shots' That's a stealth rig. Nice.

Campy Update - We're hoping to have the Campy specific BCD rings out soon. Our engineering team is pushing hard and we know our Campy customers are patiently waiting...so just hang tight. We're small, and just have to one by one work down our priority list.

Adam@Praxis
Praxis Works
Manufacturer

Hi Adam,

Just got the replacement rings. Thanks so much for replacing the rings even if you found nothing wrong with it. Felt embarrassed for sending the rings back.
Happy to be part of Praxis Facebook Customer Shots. One of the many happy Praxis customers here. The rings looks great on the bike, shifting is fast and smooth.

Here's a better shot...

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8245/vengeb.jpg

Philip

Rokkala

by Rokkala

duz10s wrote:Any feedback as to how strong light ct2 perform with 11 speed?

Had some on rotor 3d+ cranks, performed very well, no problems.

Can't wait for the campag BCD praxis rings!

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Rokkala wrote:Can't wait for the campag BCD praxis rings!

Me neither, cause I am on the verge of buying a 2012 Campagnolo compact crank and I need a 36T chainring for it. Any indications on a release date?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

AptosBigRing wrote:

Manufacturer

Oh, GREAT! Please, give it to us. I would like to order a black combo 53/39 or 52/39. :beerchug: