I Want One! Scott Foil

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

NS

by NS

The thing is scotts are rarely naked as such are they, they are mostly black paint covering up the joints and fading into a little bit of naked carbon at the neat bit in the middle. At least thats how my 3 have all been

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mythical

by mythical

That's because of their joints, the lesser cosmetically appealing parts on the frame that get blacked out. The rest is just mostly uni-directional carbon fiber, also coz that's the trend these days. What the fibers don't reveal though, is wall thickness, which is very low on the Addict and I imagine the same is the case with the F01L.

I speak from experience, don't have sharp object impact in the middle of the tubes on a Scott. Good thing there are many capable carbon repair services these days... :)
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira