"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Yay! Stybar will be racing the CX worlds. I do find it odd though that Nys won't be riding the worlds course until Sunday though. Also I know the weather is nicer in Majorca at the moment than Holland for training, but does it seem somewhat suspicious to be training there ahead of the biggest race of the year?

euan

by euan

Its not suspicious. He has a house there. The weathers better there. He can train where its warmer without the worry of getting sick. It isn't in cyclocross, Helen Wyman has been training in Spain as well up until now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

euan wrote: It isn't in cyclocross

I'm guessing you mean what I was alluding to, the possibility of doping in cyclocross. I think we'd be naive to say doping is not in CX, but possibly not at the levels of road racing. Anyway, I appreciate the clarification on Nys, I wasn't aware he had a house there.

euan

by euan

I got what you were meaning, but as I say he has a house there. People going on about Majorca as if its a suspicious place where pros go to dope because its hard to get there. But in reality it is cheap and quick to get there from a variety of places in Europe that all have testing centres.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

davidalone wrote:Question Nick,. why is a Bianchi rider Time trialing on a pinarello? :P

Kind of this

Anders3404 wrote:His team doesn't have TT bikes so he was fitted with a pina

The Graal was all sourced myself, after my team said they could not foresee being able to get me a Bianchi TT bike this year. Prohibitive cost of the bike aside, supply was as much an issue as anything.

So DeGrandi (Aussie importers of Pinarello) loaned me a Graal for the year. Hugely grateful to them, not only damn quick but sure does turn heads at the start ramp!

liam7020

by liam7020

Elrey wrote:
petepeterson wrote:Does anyone else get more excited about the Giro than le tour these days? Only 3 months to go!

I'm more in to the great 4 classic races, Milan-Sanremo, Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège. Sorry i don't know if they have some kind of name in English.

I always enjoy the Giro much more than the Tour, especially since this year, with the start in Ireland, it's coming pretty much passed my front door!!!!! Once in a lifetime experience. And De Ronde (Tour of Flanders) is my no. 1 race and as usual I'm making my annual pilgrimage to ride the sportive on the Saturday then watch the pros do it properly the following day. Fingers crossed, a few good months in prospect!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Geoff

by Geoff

Some great racing today in Hoogerheide! One more sleep! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/ucichannel? ... ucichannel

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Vos solidifies my opinion she is currently the greatest cyclist, male or female, currently riding. What an absolute display of superior riding

munk93

by munk93

+1
The only male rider near hear was Gilbert in 2011 imo. Oh God I hope hes back at that level

ave

by ave

Vos, again... I can't say I'm surprised, but watching her riding made me happy! What a girl!!

Stefano

by Stefano

Vos is in another league altogether. What is this now, 11 elite world championships? and two olympic gold medals?

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Question: Obviously Vos is a great athlete but I do wonder if maybe the competition just isn't there...?

I don't follow women's cycling so just wondering? :noidea:

petepeterson

by petepeterson

It's all relative if you want to say the competition isn't there or she's on another level. In my opinion it's one of the challenges women's cycling currently faced. Too predicable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bricky21

by bricky21

She is at a different level than the rest of the ladies, but her constant dominance is from a lack of competition. It's interesting that some people view the lack of an 11 time world champion as a weakness within the mens peleton.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Looks like sanchez has indeed picked up ballans salary. Hoping they send him to the Giro.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com