"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

are we to think he wants the double this year..? I don't reckon. I think he means he wants to have won the tour and won the giro. I'm probably mistaken

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

He wants the double. But that might be all talk. Motivation for the Giro

Liggero

by Liggero

I don't think wiggo wants the double, he must want the triple: giro, tour and vuelta. Of course, dreaming is for free. Then, back to reality, if he wins the giro, he should be more than happy. He won't win giro + tour, unless he is on the dope, which i really really don't think so.

Remember this year froome won't be waiting for him in the climbs, and you also have a guy called Contaplus, or Contadour or something like that. This guy that shoots when he crosses the finish line... What's his name... Shit, I cant remember it. Anyway, that guy. I think he is French maybe?

Double ring, yes sure. I want a date with Giselle Bunchen, BTW. And remember, the ultimate favourite is Tyler Phinney...
Last edited by Liggero on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Happy Trails !!!

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Giro Vuelta worlds?

hansonator69

by hansonator69

New or updated BMC frame coming?
Slam your stem.

gravity

by gravity

I think the issue in Team Sky is seriously gonna cost them both Giro and the Tour. Going to this 3 weeks race I can only think it's more of mental strength, and having to compete against your own team is going to weaken your mind.

I seriously didn't expect that Wiggins would pull off this stunt so close to the Giro. I'm all for Froome cos I think he can climb better and compete with Contador and Nibali.

Also, is Wiggins getting his race weight yet? The BBC video shows how loose the shirt Wiggo is on. And the side burn! Mann that is his selling point to win fans.

plpete

by plpete

hansonator69 wrote:New or updated BMC frame coming?

Compared to my SLR01 that seat tube looks to be a little round on the front side. Looks like the SLR01 may be updated with some aero properties, kind of like the Trek Madone and Cervelo RCa. It's been a while since the SLR01 had any major updates, aside from BB standard changes and probably some updated carbon layups. As great as the aero TimeMeachine01 looks I still see many riders choosing the SLR01 for many of the races.

fletch62

by fletch62

Fuentes gets found guilty and one year suspended jail term. What a f@cking joke.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fuentes-found-guilty-in-operacion-puerto-trial

ultyguy

by ultyguy

He is but a pawn, the real joke is
Judge Julia Patricia Santamaria rejected requests from anti-doping authorities and international sports federations for permission to analyse the 211 blood bags from 35 different people to identify the athletes involved.

A sad day for anti-doping.

Chadwick890

by Chadwick890

So with the Giro fast approaching what are Team BMC going to ride? TMR01 or SLR01? The TMR01 seems to be rarity of a sight for a bike thats meant to dominate the SLR01 with those "Watt savings"
Last edited by Chadwick890 on Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

hna

by hna

ultyguy wrote:He is but a pawn, the real joke is
Judge Julia Patricia Santamaria rejected requests from anti-doping authorities and international sports federations for permission to analyse the 211 blood bags from 35 different people to identify the athletes involved.

A sad day for anti-doping.

That's not the joke either. The real joke is that all of the computer evidence and the blood bags will be destroyed if the case isn't appealed within 15 days.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

#letsjustbrushthisunderthecarpet :hmm:

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Is all of this really surprising to any of you? I mean come on, be honest with yourself and ask if you really thought any "justice" would be served. There is a bunch of money, power and politics involved in this thing so was it even realistic from the start to think anything other than what happened would occur? I'm probably too pessimistic but for me, thinking critically and putting aside all the "moral high ground" garbage, the outcome was going to be pretty obvious and guess what? That's exactly how it looks to have worked out
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Not surprising in the least, just sad.

I never expected 'justice' in the criminal side, but was at least a bit hopeful on the doping side. I mean, how pissed are you now Balaverde, Basso, Scarponi?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hna

by hna

This isn't surpising. The spanish have been like this for years when some doping scandal may have implicated their precious footballers or their tennis stars.