"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

petal666 wrote:Groupset has nothing (or next to) to do with the wins what-so-ever.

Somehow we need to remind people of that more frequently these days.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

cesemo

by cesemo

racermech wrote:Anyone else notice that Sram did a clean sweep of San Luis, specalized almost swept it, if it was not for the one cannondale win.

How many SRAM equipped in pro tour teams??
petal666 is right.. and it's all about the rider not the equipment.
petal666 wrote:Groupset has nothing (or next to) to do with the wins what-so-ever.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

prendrefeu wrote:
Somehow we need to remind people of that more frequently these days.

cesemo wrote:How many SRAM equipped in pro tour teams??
petal666 is right.. and it's all about the rider not the equipment.

And we have to dole out some prizes for stating the bloody obvious! :no1:

The observation I take not to be about the "superior" products "wining" but rather their superior dominance in terms of sponsorship and market share. Considering SRAM are still relatively new to the market they have done well to establish themselves in such a short period of time.

Oh sorry, I mean their superior groupset LAUNCHES riders ahead, making them win because of supreme lightness, shifting-ness and betterer-ness.

Yeah. :roll: Like anyone actually ever thought this the case.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Good for LeBron.. saw Bill Waltons bike its a beast.

djconnel

by djconnel

That's ridiculous. Of course it does. Little differences have potentially big consequence. If I told you you would be 5% more likely to win a race with a certain bike component, you'd be all over it, but that's something which will never clearly show up in race results -- you'd just assume the guys winning 5% more would have done so anyway.

euan

by euan

MaLóL wrote:check the wikipedia sweet heart. You will have the list of real tour winners.

Haha. A good laugh.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

MaLóL wrote:4.- I´m sorry if spanish are winning half of the tours, if you remove real dopers like virenque, armstrong, ulrich, valverde and pantani... spanish would have won all tours since 1991. That's life man, face it.
Come back to reality sweet heart...

All tours? Really. :roll:

Obvious troll is obvious.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

MaLóL

by MaLóL

Tapeworm wrote:
MaLóL wrote:4.- I´m sorry if spanish are winning half of the tours, if you remove real dopers like virenque, armstrong, ulrich, valverde and pantani... spanish would have won all tours since 1991. That's life man, face it.
Come back to reality sweet heart...

All tours? Really. :roll:

Obvious troll is obvious.

Actually, it's kind of impossible, checking wikipedia, who are not doped from the first positions of the GC. Seems like 8 out of 10 were clear dopers. One could say armstrong is a fair winner as he managed to get the best "equipment" method for cheating. Cheater winner 7 times. So nice.
Happy trails !!!!!

ricerocket

by ricerocket

One word for you....

Plasticizers.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/segura- ... ransfusion

And I doubt a Spanish doctor would condemn his "own" rider and put his own credibility at stake if he didn't truly believe he was guilty.

But this is all wasted breath, you'll come up with some excuse as to why he has it in his bloodstream along with the bad beef. ;)

MaLóL

by MaLóL

Obviously there's an excuse:

1.- Probate the plasticizer method, if it probes it works
2.- Apply it to all riders, do not use one amazing german laboratory just for Alberto Contador, please. Everyone will appreciate better tests, but you know, there is cocaine in 80% of 20€ bills in europe (this has been in the news few times). In a good laboratory many healthy people could test positive for cocaine. I mean positive with 0,000000000005, hehe... if you test all riders in the same great laboratory, would be awesome.
3.- What about all the stuff that riders got injected (not anymore), just to aliviate the stomach, vitamins, etc... those come in plastic. when did they forbid injected vitamins? Perhaps this now means who gets the best blood bag wins?

This is not the wild wild west dude. As i said, the uci is warning riders bout tainted beef in mexico. And if you ever went to school, it's a bit diferent 0,000005 and 0,0000000005. Seems the same, but it isn't you know.
Happy trails !!!!!

MaLóL

by MaLóL

Did anyone here watched the giro 2011 btw? that was plastizicers too? hehe...
Happy trails !!!!!

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

SRAM helped Contador win the tour the other year. Their terrible front mechs combined with specializeds bendy cranks helped Alberto beat baby shleck.

djconnel

by djconnel

MaLóL wrote:Did anyone here watched the giro 2011 btw? that was plastizicers too? hehe...

Climbing rates in the 2011 Giro, even by Contador, were modest in comparison to what was being turned out in earlier years. This is well documented. Even the dominant time trial victory by Contador was done at well under what he did in the 2009 Tour, for example. One link of many.

MaLóL

by MaLóL

djconnel wrote:
MaLóL wrote:Did anyone here watched the giro 2011 btw? that was plastizicers too? hehe...

Climbing rates in the 2011 Giro, even by Contador, were modest in comparison to what was being turned out in earlier years. This is well documented. Even the dominant time trial victory by Contador was done at well under what he did in the 2009 Tour, for example. One link of many.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha, sure, he won by chance and with low performance. I think you did not watched the giro... nor the tour

BTW do you guys, by any chance, have any other source for links about Contador that is not from Yankeeland??? because this cyclingnews stuff, you know, seems to me much more like Johnny mellows bike shop... I mean, can you be a little bit more serious, little bit less biased?¿?
Last edited by MaLóL on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Happy trails !!!!!

pastronef

by pastronef

very short stem for Gerrans

link: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/in-d ... 6242175583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com